Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I check eBay daily to see what Sol is for sale and how they are doing and today I ran across an interesting one. The #215 car is for sale and I will credit the dealer for having the courage to start the bid below MSRP and list it with NO reserve. I am curious to see how it does and I hope he does well, due to showing some class. JMHO! ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Kind of a weird item...but the pic of the car on his lot (not the "stock" photos from the advertising campaign) shows the GM pimple on the door not on the fender as the other delivered units. Did the factory make a booboo? Or are they just gonna slap this on where ever they feel like it that day?

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
My best guess is that he does not have the car yet. He is not using a GM stock photo but says they are all stock photos. That one reminds me of one of the pictures from the back lot in Canada. Not sure about that though.

·
Premium Member
9,965 Posts
The pic in the 'garage' also looks to be a Deep, not Mysterious-"black" as he notes in the ad

·
Registered
121 Posts
Aspenrose said:
The pic in the 'garage' also looks to be a Deep, not Mysterious-"black" as he notes in the ad
THe picture is a stock photo. Not the actual car. The funny thing is the stock description they use on all their listings.

Here is their description of their Solstice.

This vehicle's history report shows it to be a one-owner vehicle. There has been nothing altered in the mileage represented on this vehicle. Never smoked in, upholstery in near perfect condition. This used vehicle is clean with no signs of prior collision damage. After close inspection, this vehicle appears to have no current damage. Flawless finish looks like it was just driven off the lot. This vehicle looks like it has never left it's garage. This vehicle's transmission runs like it just left the factory. The engine on this vehicle is clean like it was a show car. This vehicle has every option in it working properly. This cream puff is a top-flight used vehicle, with no known defects. This vehicle appears to have been detailed on a regular basis and looks brand new. If you want to see what a factory delivered vehicle's interior looks like, buy this vehicle. There appears to be a full set of brand new tires.

·
Registered
383 Posts
too much credit

We've been too nice about this dealer...haha. I contacted him and asked why it's being sold as "used" since he wont get the vehicle til the end of August. here is his reply from his email to me...

:devil: "The vehicle was pre-ordered because it is one of the first 1000. The person that ordered has backed out and it was already titled. When we get it, it will come off the delivery truck. But, since it was already titled, it will be a used vehicle. It doesn't hurt the value, and the vehicle will be fresh from the factory." :devil:

Shady shady shady! It obviously could not be sold before it even gets to the lot! ARGH!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
deepdawg said:
We've been too nice about this dealer...haha. I contacted him and asked why it's being sold as "used" since he wont get the vehicle til the end of August. here is his reply from his email to me...

:devil: "The vehicle was pre-ordered because it is one of the first 1000. The person that ordered has backed out and it was already titled. When we get it, it will come off the delivery truck. But, since it was already titled, it will be a used vehicle. It doesn't hurt the value, and the vehicle will be fresh from the factory." :devil:

Shady shady shady! It obviously could not be sold before it even gets to the lot! ARGH!!
Isn't the person who ordered the only one able to take delivery?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Excelsior said:
Isn't the person who ordered the only one able to take delivery?
we have seen this a few times..where the dealer claimed the original buyer has backed out...what should have happened is that buyer should have called solstice hq...and stated as much..the car would have gone to a wait listed person....but also depends on when the person backed out......so apparently he is free and clear to do with as he wishes...however....how can you pre title a car to a person is beyond me........if he keeps the F1k car..it counts against his first month allocation is my understanding......

still seems a bit shady to me..with the titling issue..... :leaving:

also if the dealer is classifying it as "used" that has ramifications for financing....when you check that block on the sales contract..."new" or "used".....the plot thickens!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Another N. AL 1st 1000? I don't think so

My dealer is on this one. My Sol is the only one in N. AL 1st 1000 per GM Regional rep (I don't think Auburn is N. AL region) I have called Steve (my salesman) and he and is getting to the bottom of it. This car is possibly a dealer to dealer sale, but it still doesn't make sense. Thanks Steve - I like being able to count on you!

·
Registered
383 Posts
WannaSolstice said:
My dealer is on this one. My Sol is the only one in N. AL 1st 1000 per GM Regional rep (I don't think Auburn is N. AL region) I have called Steve (my salesman) and he and is getting to the bottom of it. This car is possibly a dealer to dealer sale, but it still doesn't make sense. Thanks Steve - I like being able to count on you!

Just FYI...it is Howard Bentley Pontiac

·
Registered
383 Posts
I dont understand why Pontiac hasnt yanked this off...since this dealer is obviously doing the same sham sale that the NC dealer did!

·
Registered
383 Posts
It was just pulled from eBay with all bids cancelled. Since it was over sticker...I have to assume GM got involved again!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
deepdawg said:
It was just pulled from eBay with all bids cancelled. Since it was over sticker...I have to assume GM got involved again!
one would think maybe its time for GM to send a note to dealers...about ebay auctions for the F1K car.....uuuuuuuummmmm anyone listening???

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
At least we handled this better than the NC car (#74). ;) :grouphug: :lol:

If those bids were real, then it shows that Pontaic has a winner .... they just need to deliver.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
At least we handled this better than the NC car (#74). ;) :grouphug: :lol:
... as did GM! Lessons learned, I suspect!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.