Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to my dealer today...they said the DBC called him back this morning and told him my car was shipped back to the plant in Wilmington. It went back for a safety/quality inspection and no idea when it will be here.

So, cheer up mssleepr, your car has some company! Hopefully they are looking out for each other and protecting one another from bird droppings and scratches!

GM, if you are reading this, I authorize you to pry off the VIN plates and attach them to a new car coming off the line...I don't know if I am going to be happy with a car that has had to be reworked from the start, and besides, I might get a new one even faster! The biggest thrill of the whole 1000 contest was to be one of the first...now it appears that regular production cars have a good possiblility of being delivered before mine even leaves its maker (for the 2nd time, if in fact it ever really left the first time).

This news definitely deserves a :brentil:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Real Scoop!!!

Stop wasting your time speaking with the dealer.The dealer has absolutely no control on when your car will arrive. The Wilmington DE yard will start shipping cars once they are able to pack a full load 8-10 vehicles and make it cost effective by delivering to a set locale. Spoke with the gentleman that runs the yard and he said that there are a large amount of Soltice's there and the 1st 1000 will be shipped first and then the rest will start to be shipped.

·
Registered
383 Posts
pooper scooper

NEALAUTO said:
Stop wasting your time speaking with the dealer.The dealer has absolutely no control on when your car will arrive. The Wilmington DE yard will start shipping cars once they are able to pack a full load 8-10 vehicles and make it cost effective by delivering to a set locale. Spoke with the gentleman that runs the yard and he said that there are a large amount of Soltice's there and the 1st 1000 will be shipped first and then the rest will start to be shipped.
Dude..where are you from..URANUS? This poor guys cars has been returned! He isnt waiting for an initial delivery! Most of the F1K cars (thats first 1000 for the "special ed" people like you) have been delivered. Look around ...there are plenty of owners that are driving..heck Ive been in one that was delivered! Anyway..my rant is over...sorry but losing at poker right now too. :devil:

·
Registered
148 Posts
My understanding is that every car goes thru a safety & quality check before it is released for shipment........looks a little bit suspicious?? I think the dealer / Pontiac owe you an expalination. I would insist they explain exactly what what is going to be done and why / how it was released for shipment if they are doing what they are advertising.

·
Registered
179 Posts
:nonod: man I'm sorry C5Vette, there aren't even words

·
Registered
753 Posts
deepdawg said:
Most of the F1K cars (thats first 1000 for the "special ed" people like you) have been delivered.
if we can extrapolate numbers from excelsiors list, about 1 in 3 cars have been deliveed, and 2 of 3 are still waiting. Small consolation to C5vette, but lots of 1st 1k buyers are still waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
383 Posts
sorry for the rant..bad day all around . But this newbie just rubbed me the wrong way...haha. A lot of newbies are showing up all of a sudden and trying to damoen everyones spirit on the cars, Pontiac and GM. Just tired of hearing all these "experts" coming out of the woodwork. Again..sorry!

·
Registered
976 Posts
deepdawg said:
A lot of newbies are showing up all of a sudden and trying to damoen everyones spirit on the cars, Pontiac and GM. Just tired of hearing all these "experts" coming out of the woodwork. Again..sorry!

Maybe they are from Mazda, and they are just trying to shake you up..... Sorry about your bad day, I have had one of those too.... and what is damoen?

·
Registered
383 Posts
dampen is what I meant...Caddy..Im SURE you understand my day. I too sell cars...have for 15 years...just unbelievably slow.

·
Registered
504 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Maybe they are from Mazda, and they are just trying to shake you up..... Sorry about your bad day, I have had one of those too.... and what is damoen?
I believe it should be DAMPEN :cool:Dawg your just to quick. :lol:

·
2,574 Posts
deepdawg said:
dampen is what I meant...Caddy..Im SURE you understand my day. I too sell cars...have for 15 years...just unbelievably slow.
Poor tenderfoot saw dawg's avatar and hightailed it for the Sky forum! :lol:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a suggestion for GM that I thought of on the way home from dinner tonight...how about a free extended warranty for the cars that had to be shipped back to the plant? Say maybe a 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty, ya know, the same as I can get standard on a POS Kia Rio?

Normally I am not a believer in extended warranties and I am a huge GM fan who believes the General puts out products that are just as good as the Japanese competition. But, the thought that my car was released for shipping, left the plant, and has since been brought back makes me a little nervous about this car (not the Solstice in general, just my particular example...and of course mssleepr's too!). The way I figure it, first of all, the problem must be mechanical or hidden otherwise it wouldn't have been released past the initial quality check and shipped the first time (I think this theory was also stated by someone else in a different post). Second, it must really be a major f*ck up, otherwise, why wouldn't they just let it get to the dealer and then send the updated part to the dealer to be installed before delivery? It seems to me much more expensive and involved to actually ship it all the way back to the plant....unless of course the repair was so involved that they don't have faith the dealer can take care of it.

So, I think a nice extended warranty would make me feel a lot better about taking delivery of this car. Besides, the way I see it, is if GM has confidence in the car and everything is A-OK with it, then it shouldn't cost them anything in the end, right? If the car doesn't need any repairs, then its a win-win situation: they have a happy customer and they didn't shell out any dough. :cool:

ARE YOU READING THIS GM??? :brentil: GM, you also need to realize that you are not helping yourself with this lack of communication. I am only 25 and this will be my 4th GM car and will be the 20th GM car that my family has bought. So, it is fair to say I am a loyal buyer and will put up with quite a bit. But, someone who is new to the fold (which is the whole point of this car, to attract new buyers and help Pontiac's image) would have probably given up already. Regardless, I get asked EVERY SINGLE DAY by all of my friends and co-workers "where's your car?" I have tried to spin this in a positive light to keep GM's rep looking good, but how much longer can this go on? Most people already have told me they think it's nuts that it has taken this long...when I told them it was shipped back they were speechless. If I had some concrete info instead of "I have no idea, they won't tell me or the dealer anything" then neither of us would look like fools! :willy:

OK, off my soapbox for the night. I am just so bummed about the whole thing. I am so excited for all of you who are receiving your cars (or will be getting them before me) but I am just tired of the game. If GM came out and said to me, look, the car will be here around the end of October, we're fixing XYZ, I could live with that. But as it stands I still hope everyday that by some miracle it will end up suprising me by showing up on a truck. Oh well, there are worse problems to have in life. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'm with you C5. Guess I know where mine is too. I thought same thing, just build a new car and put the VIN on it and be done with it. 1000 times faster then what's happened.

This makes me wonder about what kinds of problems these first cars might have. A free extended warranty might ease our worry.

T-minus 3 days until I explode. If my #30 isn't here by Friday I'm officially losing it GM. I'm on vacation next week 100 miles south and it will be HUGE hardship to come up to get it.

-Soon to be crazed mod

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
mceb said:
I'm with you C5. Guess I know where mine is too. I thought same thing, just build a new car and put the VIN on it and be done with it. 1000 times faster then what's happened.

This makes me wonder about what kinds of problems these first cars might have. A free extended warranty might ease our worry.

T-minus 3 days until I explode. If my #30 isn't here by Friday I'm officially losing it GM. I'm on vacation next week 100 miles south and it will be HUGE hardship to come up to get it.

-Soon to be crazed mod
Take a deep breath! :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
see my thread at "twisted or troll"

photo's--have to reduce to see--of damage on my new car--your might be better off getting a new fitting

my back bumper is so messup it will probly have to replaced along with my front(front will have to be repainted at least)

·
Registered
6 Posts
deepdawg said:
10 1/2 years in car sales, the last 5 1/2 with Saturn. Told a friend at GM that I would love for him to send me a coffee mug...I will need it to collect spare change to pay the mortage this month. WHERE have all the customers gone??!! Heck, that's a whole 'nother rant :banghead:
Now...for the Solstice that appears to be on the magical mystery tour...I have seen cars roll in that have a special sticker on them, that they were pulled for quality control or some such, and that is why the odometer has 7 miles or so on it...but that was BEFORE it went to the yard waiting for a car carrier. Try and ask the dealer if the vehicle's status went to "released to carrier" or to "shipped". My understanding is that if it shipped, it was on the truck. Thought it took and act of G-d to get one off the carrier at anything other than it's designated location. Of course, one VUE we ordered ended up in Nevada...(we are in NC)..but that was only once!! Now, I have seen a vehicle fall off a car carrier, but the guy REALLY had to mess up to make that happen....oh man... I am sorry...see what happens when we go through sales withdrawl? Momma's don't let your babies grow up to be car sales folks.....
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
401 Posts
WannaSolstice said:
:nonod: man I'm sorry C5Vette, there aren't even words
:agree: it is getting a little upsetting, GM TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT THE CARS, you know so please tell us. What is upsetting is not being told.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...newbie rule

deepdawg said:
sorry for the rant..bad day all around . But this newbie just rubbed me the wrong way...haha. A lot of newbies are showing up all of a sudden and trying to damoen everyones spirit on the cars, Pontiac and GM. Just tired of hearing all these "experts" coming out of the woodwork. Again..sorry!
There should be a rule...newbies should be seen but not heard for at least their first 20 posts! Maybe then they wouldn't try to start out as such know-it-all experts.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
mceb said:

-Soon to be crazed mod
:agree:
I'm in a similar position. I was just told yesterday that my car is BACK in quality control being reworked AGAIN after being told last week that it was out, invoiced, and ready to ship. The folks at Pontiac are going to have to step up to the plate and do something to make us feel a bit more confident about our reworked cars. :brentil:

·
Registered
233 Posts
mceb said:

-Soon to be crazed mod
I've already lost it and I'm sorry to see C5's car recalled. I agree with your thoughts of building a new car and putting the VIN on it.
Anyway, some kind of explanation would sure appease most of us. All my coworkers had decided that the car was just a myth and had stopped asking when it was coming until this week when one of them spotted a red Sol in Columbus, Georgia which is 30 minutes away. :(
mceb, I hope your car is delivered this week before you go on vacation. There are a few of us who know exactly how you feel. :willy: :yesnod:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts