Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have talked to Mike and we both feel the weather will be better for us on Saturday than on Sunday. The roads are clear here in PA and the temperature is to be in the 40's on Saturday. We are also supposed to have only partlly cloudy skies. Other that being a little on the cold side, the ride should be great. Everything is still on as far as meeting times and the run. I can't wait to see all of you on Saturday. We may have as many as 13 Solstices for the run. We will have a ball. :)

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
Whoo - hooo! :)

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Things still look good for Saturday. I are going to adjust our run location for a certain good Ohio friend who needs some Penn State gear for her Buckeye son in law. :lol: We will have a great time.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll keep posting weather conditions throughout the day tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weather conditions will be improving today and into Saturday. Temps in the 40's and as of now, NO SNOW predicted. :) I'll post more info later today. Enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember to bring your radios if you have them. This will make the car to car communications easier. The roads are looking even better than they did early this morning. We shouldn't have any problems. I'll going to check the run later today to make certain the back roads are also in good shape. I'll post later tonight.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What radio frequency will you guys be communicating on?

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We will be using the FRS radios. We will pick a channel after we get everyone together.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Diana (my wife) and I just finished driving the run course for tomorrow. ALL ROADS ARE CLEAR AND DRY!!! The weather is supposed to be cold but clear. Nancy, we found a good store for you with PSU gear. So for all of you who weren't certain...come on in the water's fine! :lol: Remember, this will probably be the last run of the year for most of us. Get you Sol run fix in before the l...o...n...g winter wait. 'See you all tomorrow!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Pics-Pics-Pics

:( Hey yous guys, don't forget to take plenty of pictures to share with us poor boys who are still waiting to take some fun runs. :willy:
But don't forget to have lots of fun for us. See if you can get some group speeding tickets those are always a good way to bring back memories years later. You have to get pictures with the cop of course. The cops always love posing with all the cars and thier ticket book. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Plenty of pics to follow. I'll try to post them before the end of the day tomorrow. No cops in PA so we don't have to worry about tickets. :lol:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow! 13 Solstices!!

Ex-Miata Man said:
I have talked to Mike and we both feel the weather will be better for us on Saturday than on Sunday. The roads are clear here in PA and the temperature is to be in the 40's on Saturday. We are also supposed to have only partlly cloudy skies. Other that being a little on the cold side, the ride should be great. Everything is still on as far as meeting times and the run. I can't wait to see all of you on Saturday. We may have as many as 13 Solstices for the run. We will have a ball. :)
13 Solstices, huh. That's great! Out here in Oregon we have 2! Actually know of four in the state, probably more. Maybe others will surprise us tomorrow at our meeting place to join us. Have a really fun time! You will be a sight to see!! :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Where in PA are you meeting up?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll see you guys tomorrow at McDonald's in Kent. Marco are you still coming?

I'll be the topless agressive one! :lol:

PA or Bust! :party: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
SolGeezer said:
I'll see you guys tomorrow at McDonald's in Kent. Marco are you still coming?

PA or Bust! :party: :cheers:
I don't think I'll be making it.

My streets haven't been plowed, and after taking my other car out for 5 miles it came back filthy.

It's tough enough to keep black clean, but I don't think I want pictures of the dirtiest Solstice at the meet. It's about 23 degrees right now and I don't see the thaw coming in time.

If somehow it clears up, I may try to catch up.

I've got Druids cell phone number and if I make it out, I'll call to see where you are.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well it looks like bust! Looks like the weather and conditions got the best of us this time. It's better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully we'll have a nice day someday between now and March (after the snow melts and the salt is gone) and we'll be able to do it then.

Thanks again to XMM and Druid-2 for putting this together. Next time we'll have many new owners and an even bigger rally.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
SolGeezer said:
We have a preferred list of topless Solstice drivers. PM me your topless photo and I'll tell you if you are on the list. :glol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts