Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AKRON BRANCH AND SOUTH.....meet at TOTH PONTIAC BUICK (I-77 at Arlington ) between 8:30 and 9 am...leaving TOTH at 9 am (anticipate old lady -{ENVIOUS}... mogo...{SLY} & druid {COOL} at this location)

KENT HUDSON STOW ETC ...be at McDonald's (SR 43 at I-76) by 9 am to meet up with the Akron types at 9:30...leave there at 9:30 . should be Marco {MYSERIOUS}.. Solgeezer {AGGRESSIVE} ...maybe more

CLEVELAND (North) AND POINTS EAST (ie. carnut etc) be at the Travel America Center in Niles (exit 223 on US80) by 10:15 to meet up with the rest coming east. We leave the TA Center by 10:30 and get back on the Turnpike.

We should meet up with XMM {DEEP} at 11 a.m. at the old # 2 exit in PA.
He will co-ordinate the run.

Run will last a couple of hours (including food stop) and all parties should be able to head home by 3 pm.

LET'S MAKE THIS A REALLY GOOD LAST RUN OF THE SEASON.

PM's welcome till Wed night then I'm off line and you'll have to PM... XMM

My guess now is up to 10-12 cars !!!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
where is arlington?

druid where is arlington is that in akron? got my new latch for top today and came home from newark with the top down just about frozen but fun.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
oldlady said:
druid where is arlington is that in akron? got my new latch for top today and came home from newark with the top down just about frozen but fun.

Arlington is north of Akron/Canton airport, about 3 -5 miles

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Instructions

I'll re-post this via AOL

when you pass the airport the next exit is MASSILLON RD (EXIT 118)

The next exit AFTER that is ARLINGTON.....get off turn left at the off ramp light (now going south) ...go under the interstate and up the hill.
BP on your left - also a Wendy's...top of the hill on the left is DOUG CHEVROLET...top of the hill RIGHT...is TOTH BUICK PONTIAC
I'll have my phone on anyway.
See you after 8:30

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Snow

OK we got dusted in NEO-land yesterday...and we'll get dusted again today...and maybe even tomorrow...but Sat is still looking dry (?)

XMM will now comment on weather in his area..... :cool:

As far as I'm concerned we would have to have serious road covering to stop this last NEO rally of the year. Dry roads is all I need

I may not drop my top...(or my trou ) but I'm still planning on making the run

just a FYI for all the NEO's and Pa's out there

PS car went into shop last night ...wouldn't start and engine light came on
may post a new thread under general on that one

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
best we can hope for !!!

Weekend Home Forecast for
Ellwood City, PA (16117) On The Spot Weather

Friday Nov 25

Snow Shower / Wind
High 29°F
Low 19°F
Precip: 30%

Mostly cloudy and windy with snow showers. Highs in the upper 20s and lows in the upper teens.

Saturday 26
Snow Shower
High 34°F
Low 24°F

Precip: 30%

details Snow showers. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the mid 20s.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Right now the weather is cold but VERY SUNNY in western PA. I'll do my best to keep some of the sun for Saturday.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
If anyone from PA, or eastern Ohio, wants to come straight to my office and hasn't gotten directions, just PM me. I'll be watching the Forum for messages today and Friday. My office is easy to find. My dealer is telling people about our gathering, so we may have a group stopping by to see our cars before we start on the run. It should be great! :)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm hoping to get Merlin back from the dealership in time
They are still doing a diagnostic to explain the engine light problem

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
The weather in PA is to get worse tonight but to clear later tomorrow or Friday. I'll keep everyone informed. My wife ordered an electric blanket that connects into the 12 volt power adapter. She thinks she will need it for Saturday. I have told her that we will be running topless at least part of the way (it may only be from my office to the corner, but it will happen) :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
WE ARE ON FOR TOMORROW!!! PM me or call Mike if you have any questions. THE ROADS ARE ALL CLEAR AND DRY!!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
druid-2 said:
I'm hoping to get Merlin back from the dealership in time
They are still doing a diagnostic to explain the engine light problem

I think some of the problems you are facing are the ones that put mine on quality hold. Mine was built the same day but apparently they are telling me there are some issues that need to be fixed and mine didn't leave the plant before they caught them. So I guess I am on hold for awhile. I guess that is ok because I would rather get it with the bugs worked out. So we will see. I really wish that I could join you for the run. Unfortunately I am working so I will have to catch the next one. So have a great trip everyone!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Mike's car ran perfectly today. The dealer unpluged the PCM and then plugged it back in. One of the owners from my dealership was here and talked to us today before we went on our run. He said that they have actually been told to disconnect the battery and touch the cables together for 15 seconds to solve some electronics problems. It's like rebooting your computer. I'm not advicating doing that to solve the problem, just saying that with all of the electronics on the cars now, it's more like driving a computer with wheels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts