Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone had to do it... Figured what the hell. It's actually surprisingly easy, our transmission [basically a newschool 154] bolts right up to the r154 bellhousing, mounts are super simple to do. I'm surprised someone hasn't done this before. Only issue right now is rad/intercooler clearance, but we got something in the works. Sticking with AEM EMS over megasquirt, and slapping on a t70. I'll post more when I have time. Some pics for now...

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
2jz motor is a v6 from a toyota supra. This is one thread im keepng my eye on! This is combining to of my favorite carz (the looks of one and the heart of another)! Very nice job lets us know how this goes i'd love to do this some time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
2jz motor is a v6 from a toyota supra. This is one thread im keepng my eye on! This is combining to of my favorite carz (the looks of one and the heart of another)! Very nice job lets us know how this goes i'd love to do this some time.
That's pretty skinny for a v6 :thumbs:

·
Registered
135 Posts
V6-----Busted! Are you straddling the x-member? Can't believe it could fit behind. Great project. I'm a big fan of Supra inline 8s Wohoo!
yikes, you guys are scaring me here, supra's only had an I6 :willy:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Duh! Sorry, had to go there, big fan of the double punch-line! So is this thing going to shoe horn as is or are you going drysump for clearance? These things are long. If its a big lead-in for April 1 go for it I won't tell!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Duh! Sorry, had to go there, big fan of the double punch-line! So is this thing going to shoe horn as is or are you going drysump for clearance? These things are long. If its a big lead-in for April 1 go for it I won't tell!
It's getting shoehorned in, there's lots of structural rape happening though. Seriousely doubt we'll have room for an ic/rad, so we're tossing around a top&side mount ic of sorts. The hood is 100% getting torn up, not concerned about that atm, but I'm trying to keep at least the exterior of the front bumper in one piece at least.

·
Registered
761 Posts
"It's actually surprisingly easy" Ahaa, the truth comes out! Regardless it sounds like your in for lots of fun. The end results should be exceedingly FUN! How much HP are you shooting for prior to filling the trunk with NOS & after for that matter?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Ahhhhhh YES THAT'S WHAT I MEANT. THANKS FOR THE CORRECT ANSWER EVERYBODY. WELL EITHER WAY I LOVE THAT THIS IS HAPPENING. I WHAT A 6 IN MY SOL BETTER POWER THEN THE 4 AND LESS ON GAS THEN THE V8.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Labor isn't costing me a thing. Total should be around 5g's including the motor.

Picking up the EMS&turbo later today.

Attempted to get some side shots of the profile and how far forward it will sit. This thing is so long.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hopefully everything works out great for you.
Love the idea of Modification & Fabrication into any Automobile.:thumbs:

Heres a lil inspiration >>>>

After all said and done, Can we call you SolPra....:lurk:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Picked up the EMS.
More good news, figured out the clutch dealio. 96-01 Chevy S10 2.2 clutch matches the splines and mates to the flywheel. Snagging up a spec stage 5 for that application, they're only rated at 500lb/foot torque however from what I'm understanding they're severely underrated. Only ****ty thing is its a full metal disc, so it's going to be an absolute peach on the street, but I knew it was gonna be pretty horrible going into this anyway.

1 - 20 of 620 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.