Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks, it's getting to be that time of year again. The date is set:

Saturday, April 30, 2016. This is the weekend BEFORE Mother's Day.

Last year was the inaugural event and this year we're looking to make it even better. If you missed last year's event, here is the thread:

https://intranet.crna.nmci.navy.mil/CMD/wwwroot2/NEWS/Press_Enterprise_2015_12_07-1.pdf

It was a great time had by all and we managed to hit all our waypoints right on time. We wound up having a little bit of everything...a little fog, a little snow plenty of sun, great roads, and great people!

This year we're changing the route some but I do not have details yet. Plan is to change the fuel stop in Fallbrook.

The overall idea, however, will be the same, breakfast in the desert, lunch in the mountains, and dinner by the sea. If you can't make the whole run, we'll be setting up meet up points along the route for you to join the group.

Some pictures from last year:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a few more...

More pictures here: Index of /Sky/CtSR2015/2015pics

And on Facebook.

This year may be a bit smaller since I haven't been able to promote it like I did last year. The route, times and stops will be the same other than a change to the meet up/fuel up spot in Fallbrook.

Keep in mind, for those that are not aware, this is all in ONE day. You can see from the pictures above how diverse the terrain and weather were.

This run was to prove that there are few places in the world like So Cal. You can have breakfast in the desert, lunch in the mountains, and dinner by the sea...and we did...and if you missed it last year, be sure to come on out this year!

·
Registered
398 Posts
More info please.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Hey Jim, I should have the Mallett at the event, drove it today. A real kick in the pants!!

April 30th as I understand it, Brawley, CA to start at 0430. I can hardly wait. Dropping the motorhome, trailer and Mallett at Pala. Not driving it. Driving the green one, but only going to Pala, that will be plenty for me I am sure.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Robo has a website that gives all the information, but PM me if you have any other questions. a pretty unique run. A lot of ground covered and every type of view you could imagine. I offer assistance as I am on this board more than he is. We promote each others event, mine is the Palm Springs run in October.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just booked a room at the Brawley inn, we will try be there early Friday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts