Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my car first and saw rippled back top bumper--ask if anyone else has experienced this and got a no vote from all

just got back from jax and saw #238(green and pretty) and it has the same ripple-guess it is from the bolting down of the bumper-per dealer

dealer said that flaws make the original worth more money

thought it was funny

enjoy

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Tally said:
got my car first and saw rippled back top bumper--ask if anyone else has experienced this and got a no vote from all

just got back from jax and saw #238(green and pretty) and it has the same ripple-guess it is from the bolting down of the bumper-per dealer

thought it was funny

enjoy
I'd tell the dealer to fix mine when the TSB comes out with a fix. I'd take my chances with decreasing the value of my "original." He needs to put your complaint in "the system" though, if he hasn't already. When enough people complain about this issue, there will eventually be a fix... in theory at least.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have not heard of this problem...please do explain...

Tally said:

thought it was funny

enjoy

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have heard of another car that had the same deform in the rear bumper, but I did not see it in person.

·
Registered
383 Posts
SunSports said:
I have heard of another car that had the same deform in the rear bumper, but I did not see it in person.
#81 has the same problem! Ripple in rear bumper in the middle. Above the rear mesh, and the mesh is in tact so it had to happen prior to installation of the rear valance.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Tally said:

thought it was funny

enjoy
that may be so in baseball cards and coins but in a car a flaw is a flaw and adds no value...
I wonder if he would say the same thing if it was a blown engine... "better not fix it, it will devalue the car" :lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
ntouched said:
All the minor issues give me comfort in knowing I "DID NOT" get a 1st 1000 Solstice. :yesnod:
Don't kid yourself, assembly and shipping issues can happen with the 100,000th car too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where the car is.

It was at Coggins on Southside, on the showroom floor. They said it was ordered for someone from New Jersey I think.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I went to see number 79 this morning that was delivered to my dealer on Thursday. It is a Mysterious/steel-sand car...fully loaded with everything including XM.

Car looked really good. Only issues I saw were a small scratch on the driver's door and a very small paint chip (almost the size of a match head) on the passenger about an inch below the window rubber seal. There was really none of the wavyness on top of the rear facia that I saw on Tally's car. Makes me think that AeroDave's idea of some kind of impact makes sense since there was a mark on the plastic panel and there was a misalignment near the taillight...

There was some noticable orange peel in a couple of areas, but nothing really out of the ordinary. Car had 49 miles on it and they have it parked in front of the sales offices under a canopy (they are a small dealer and don't have an indoor showroom) but no one is allowed to touch it, not even the salespeople. I was able to sit in it/open it up only because I know the owner of the dealership and sales manager, they know I am waiting for my car, and they know how incredibly anal I am. No one has driven it and they park it in their locked, fenced area at night behind the service dept. Car is currently not sold as the guy that ordered it changed his mind (he decided to wait on the G6 hardtop convertible), but they were offering it to someone on their waiting list and it should be "sold" as of today.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
salesman not touching--haha

thanks for reply all

saw the one in jax and it had a sign do not touch

i laughed because i saw finger prints all over it

we ( wife and i) stayed away as i would want all if it were my car, but the sales staff---hahaha

they were opening and closing car, leaning on it and "touching" it all over

i found it a bit humorous, but have no idea why a sold car from someone in n.j. is in jacksonville anyway

all can be cleaned off with no problem

just felt the humor about sign on other cars

i think sales people think their @##$ does not stink--saw that when we were taking delivery and had to beat off the staff--i think they think they own all the cars that come to dealer

peace out

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"car currently not sold"

i do not know what this is all about--i am on waiting list for a 2nd car in the 1st 1000---one for me we got- actually wife is on list

so why are dealers getting these cars if the cash is not waiting from the "buyer"

another little snafu in the game of life

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I just saw that one yesterday too! Probably right after you left.

It looks good, and yeah... the fingerprints.

The guy in Jersey I think has lots of money and has a winter home in Jax or something, I heard he'd be down to take delivery in a week or so.

I'm waiting for Nix to chime in on this thread, it's his dealership anyway...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I remember reading in the forum that one of the members was traveling 1200 mile to Florida to buy a car. Also someone in Florida was drive about the same distance north to get one. :cool:

Looked it up. It's not the same car. It was Deepdawg going south and naoki going north. Deepdawg was going to Fort Myers from Md.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sydney said:
I remember reading in the forum that one of the members was traveling 1200 mile to Florida to buy a car. Also someone in Florida was drive about the same distance north to get one. :cool:

Looked it up. It's not the same car. It was Deepdawg going south and naoki going north. Deepdawg was going to Fort Myers from Md.
WOW...I feel like a celebrity! I have people talking about me. :lol: And yes that is correct that I am "supposed" to go to FM for mine. If the new dealership that bought my old one out gets their s*#t together! Anyway..I felt the love on here and just had to chime in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.