Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,375 Posts
Can you ask Lyndon to redo the file for the version you are running?

also, fyi you still haven’t gotten to the fun part (mabye this isn’t relevant to your install because I have an aftermarket CAC/IC) but getting the tubes geometry to sit just right and low enough so that they don’t rub against the hood side flange on the passengers side where the hood strut meets and rub off your beautiful paint job on them is something to be aware of.
I believe the DDM instructions mention dremel Ing off some of the plastic around the two outside airbox. Torx screws?
this is probably not a step you want to skip as you need every mm you can get.
Not a big deal but just be cautious the first couple times. If I had to do it again I would have placed some tape around that particular area and opened and closed the hood a few times to make sure you aren’t contacting the paint…

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,375 Posts
I should mention, nice work on cleaning out your hole. Looks pro to me

·
Premium Member
3,375 Posts
As you probably already know, but just in case you can keep the charge tubes on with the OEM sensors and tune and run “pretty” if not strong until you suds out the tune.

·
Premium Member
3,375 Posts
The ECM will be getting inaccurate information from the 3 bar sensors and likely reporting inaccurate boost as well. The tune adjusts the math to match.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts