Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheels. wheels. wheels

Just a quick (maybe late, haven't seen it posted yet) update on pontiac.com the wheel pictures are online now. And the style of all three wheels is identical. Only difference is the finish. So if you want a different looking wheel you'll have to start with the least expensive painted and go to tirerack or pepboys.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
achieftain said:
Just a quick (maybe late, haven't seen it posted yet) update on pontiac.com the wheel pictures are online now. And the style of all three wheels is identical. Only difference is the finish. So if you want a different looking wheel you'll have to start with the least expensive painted and go to tirerack or pepboys.
You are todays winner!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I split the wheel pictures out to separate thread since this is first time we have pics of all 3.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Looks like your wheel options are: blingless, bling or bling bling. I'm glad I got the bling.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Looks like your wheel options are: blingless, bling or bling bling. I'm glad I got the bling.
:lol: Good description!

I'll take bling-bling please. ;)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'll be going blingless so that when I ditch the RS-A's, I can send the wheels to the powdercoater. (I don't think the wife will let me use her oven.) Sly with black wheels, anyone?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've ordered painted, since this is supposed to be a "back to basics" open roadster - no need for glitter at that extra price.

·
Registered
281 Posts
WaitingForBoost said:
I'll be going blingless so that when I ditch the RS-A's, I can send the wheels to the powdercoater. (I don't think the wife will let me use her oven.) Sly with black wheels, anyone?
I've been fantasizing about black powdercoat or black anodized wheels, too, but on a yellow Solstice.

I've got a black car with black wheels in my garage right now, and honestly, if the wheels didn't have the bright polished lips, I think it would be TOO black.

If you have a dark car, I think you need some brightness in the wheels to define them against a dark colored car. Just MY humble aesthetics opinion.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm thinking polished lips, too. Heck, one tire change & the powdercoat there would probably be gone anyway, and I do agree that you need to define the outline of the wheel to make it look right.

And the brake pad dust won't show! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts