Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Bringing a thread back from the dead last question here...

1. magnaflow exhaust
2. werks hfc
3. hp tunners

Will this help me achieve the 300hp? I'm also looking for a better bov that's not recirculating anyone using something with this setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
You can get 300 by using the GMPP tune, basic Trifecta or other, plus a high flow CAT. The exhaust isn't going to give you any added power (their '3"' exhaust necks down to 2 3/4" anyway but they don't tell you that).

Use whatever tune is easiest for you - the Trifecta is a cheap plug and play, for instance.

Forget the BOV it won't accomplish anything.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I know the bov won't give me anything but noise and im perfectly fine with that reason why i still asked. As far as charge tubes and other engine items like that it just seems to really dress up the engine that's it correct?

How much power can the stock IC handle before i have to change?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
You don't need to worry about the stock IC unless you decide to change turbos.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Bringing a thread back from the dead last question here...

1. magnaflow exhaust
2. werks hfc
3. hp tunners

Will this help me achieve the 300hp? I'm also looking for a better bov that's not recirculating anyone using something with this setup?

Thanks
I know you think you'd be happy with 300hp(GM tune is 290hp/340tq), but it barely scrapes the surface of the LNF potential. Basic bolt ons and a hptune will make your car way faster. I am only posting my times here because I did the GM upgrade and it was hardly worth it. I tuned my car this fall and ran way faster than the gm tune. If I could advise any upgrade after your tuned though, it'd be good summer tires. It's likely you will spin right through 2nd gear as well on stock tires after you're tuned.

Here is my experience(from the 1/4mile times thread):

Fall of 2012:

GXP 5sp w/ GMPP stage upgrade/KN filter/airbox mod/Magnaflow catback/stock tires

60'......2.087
1/8.....8.964
MPH....80.71
1/4.....13.873
MPH....98.93

Fall of 2013 went back with the addition of a catless downpipe, e47 tune and Bridgestone RE-11.(and a werks IC, just noticed I forgot to mention that)

60'......1.973
1/8.....8.449
MPH....87.44
1/4.....13.066
MPH....108.91

Also had a 13.084 @ 110.61. Times/speeds really show the gains you can get with tuning even over gms1.

·
Premium Member
10,348 Posts
You are running e47 and thats makes a difference.
Also there are other members with the GMPP tune that have run close to your 13.066, with no e47.
I believe there was a member here that with a set of MT radials clocked 12.9, also no e47.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Your point is moot. I am 100% sure a gmp 5spd could not run 13 flat. This was not a post to brag, only to show gmp is slow. There are gmp autos with sub 13s 1/4s. If I wanted a fast car instead of a fun car I'd have picked up an auto. Apples to apples an aftermarket tune is far better than gmp. e47 is worth less than 5%hp.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
On my my old car I had charge tubes, intake, solo hi flow cat/race exhaust, and meth and was putting down 320hp. It was tuned by DDM

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't care about e47 or whatever just looking for basic mods and items that will give it a little bump that's all.

Not looking to be the fastest car on the road.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
And what about a bov?
No improvement in power, potential issues but some people thinbk it sounds cool. Not worth playing with IMHO, but to each his own.

·
Registered
224 Posts
again i know its not an improvement but i want the sound lol im a ricer like that.
If sound is all you're after go with an aftermarket air intake. That will achieve a similar sound to a bov and not cause any problems.

·
Registered
224 Posts
No problem. I went with the gmpp intake and am pleased with the decision. Good quality, designed for our cars, looks nice under the hood and definitely gives more sound of the turbo spooling.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
61 - 80 of 118 Posts