Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is it really necessary to have two chargers on one vehicle? Wouldn't it be just as easy and more maintenence free if they just bought the base Cobalt and added a turbo with a little more kick?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow. Must be an insane task making the turbo and the s/c work properly with the intake....

Probably one of the only things you could do to modify the SS seeing how hard it would be to switch out the pulleys on the s/c.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Because Everest is there

It isn't usually that there is an easier way, or a better way, it is more that this is the way that garners the most publicity, chatter, and recognition which is their best form of advertising.

And, it isn't like the car will see lots of actual miles to test the durability of the installation.

Me, I'm dreaming of finding an old F1 engine I can drop in my Sol! LOL
huge horses and 18,000 RPM!! :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Doesn't change the fact that a Cobalt has a beam rear axle. Even Hyundai Accents have independent suspension.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
And the Jetta has been such a successful small car for so long with.....

... the same rear suspension.

The Opel Astra in europe is considered one of the best small cars - and it has...

... A TWIST BEAM REAR SUSPENSION!!!

People seem to like the vibe, one version of which has... you guessed it: a twist beam.

It is actually a decent and efficient engineering solution for a small car. Some manufacturers have "rediscovered" it for it's packaging and cost benefits.

The instant you add an anti-roll bar in the rear, you've taken away a portion of the "independent" nature of an independent rear suspension.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts