Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my top redone yesterday, think the body shop solvents killed my old treatment, plus I'm due for one anyways.

Ran out of my old, got a new bottle. However when I applied it this time, it seems to smell a bit different from the older bottles, and the instructions doesn't seem to mention it takes long to dry. New bottle only mentions 6-12 hours max, but the old one mentions up to 48-72 hours.

Anyone got it/applied it recently noticed this? Wonder if they changed the formula.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I just used some ordered from CarID a few weeks ago and it says 12-24 hours cure time. I've never used it before so I don't know how it compares to any older formula.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I ordered a box from Amazon last year....you might have gotten the vinyl top protectant.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered a box from Amazon last year....you might have gotten the vinyl top protectant.
No, no, 100% sure it's the Fabric Guard.

They did however dropped the words "High Tech" from last year's bottle.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
No, no, 100% sure it's the Fabric Guard.

They did however dropped the words "High Tech" from last year's bottle.
Well, there it is. Obviously this is a "lower" tech version.

I've only used for just over a year so can't tell if there has been a change. Do the 'vert, two umbrellas and a pergola and they appear to be holding up just fine. Did a friend's 'vert and she is very impressed. Maybe just a perfume change?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, there it is. Obviously this is a "lower" tech version.

I've only used for just over a year so can't tell if there has been a change. Do the 'vert, two umbrellas and a pergola and they appear to be holding up just fine. Did a friend's 'vert and she is very impressed. Maybe just a perfume change?
Well if it is perfume, it's not a very good one. Both smell like some kind of strong solvent.

I'm happy to report it's working well though, got some rain and it's beading very nicely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts