Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I decided to approach this aftermarket add on fluff situation like a good old boy, being from Texas & all. Writing letters, complaining, filing suit, certainly is what I'm used to in the California business world, but where I'm from, a hand shake, looking each other in the eyes, & a person's word is good enough.

So, I called EOP headquarter this morning to gather information to eventually talk to the Dealer. (Shannon) was extremely helpful, listened to the story, was empathetic, & directed me to Pontiac customer service for a more direct approach at resolving the issues.

Shortly thereafter, I spoke with Pontiac (800) 762-2737 - if anyone ever needs the #. Again, I received a very nice, proffessional response & a reference # was established so that the same Pontiac rep would be involved until this issue was taken care of - nice touch not getting passed around from person to person.

The Pontiac rep listened to the story - asked if I could hold for a few minutes while she researched this matter - a few minutes later she came back on the phone & assured me the Dealer would call me to resolve this issue. She made certain I had the reference # just in case I was unhappy with the Dealers respone & she made me feel 100% confident that Pontiac wanted all customers to be happy with their products & not feel scammed!

Within minutes, the Dealer called me. He asked if I could come to the Dealership to discuss face to face. I agreed.

At the Dealership, Dealer apologized for the misunderstanding and assured me that no aftermarket products would be added to the car without our desire and/or permission. Dealer provided written support that the new Solstice would be sold at MSRP & he was extremely sorry for the way things were handled on Friday. He assured me that aftermarket items were not forced on people at his Dealership & that customers always have the right to purchase cars with their choice of options.

Issue Resolved - we shook hands & we're all excited again to be getting the Solstice in the next week or so...

Hopefully, our situation brought about some issues for other members to learn from - At the end of the day, Dealer is doing the right thing - GM, Pontiac shined though!!!!!

Thanks to all for your feedback & support!! :grouphug:

USA

·
Registered
193 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I think you chose the best course of action. Congratulations!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Your Welcome

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Glad you got it resolved without bloodshed. I related what was attempted on you and my dealer people just laughed. There is a dealer near here that still tries to get people with add-ons that they have not even applied yet to te car. Now all you have to do is wait.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Glad it worked out and I am happy that Pontiac backed up the customer and we can all now feel assured that if our dealers try jack the price of our cars up on the 1K that Pontiac will be there for us.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It is great to hear that your situation was resolved in a satisfactory manner. I'm happy to know that GM is looking out for the customer!

·
Registered
214 Posts
:thumbs: My faith in the Pontiac system has been reinforced!!! Good work Millionaire.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
congratulations. like to hear about a nice ending. too bad it happened to begin with.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
A subdued approach is always reasonable. ;)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
It's nice to see a story about how Pontiac did someone right, after all the complaining about how they "let" dealers mark up cars and get away with garbage!

Way to go Pontiac! Good job keeping your dealers in line, and the customers smiling! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I was told by a large Southern California GMC/ Pontiac dealership, all Solstice's were to be sold at MSRP (NO EXCEPTIONS). I think this applies to any pre-order (not just 1st 1000). Looks like Pontiac dropped the gavel on this dealership. No one should pay more than MSRP. The idea behind selling at MSRP was to gain confidence and momentum for the Brand Name (Pontiac). That can only be done through dealer participation throughout the country. :)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
ntouched said:
I was told by a large Southern California GMC/ Pontiac dealership, all Solstice's were to be sold at MSRP (NO EXCEPTIONS). I think this applies to any pre-order (not just 1st 1000). Looks like Pontiac dropped the gavel on this dealership. No one should pay more than MSRP. The idea behind selling at MSRP was to gain confidence and momentum for the Brand Name (Pontiac). That can only be done through dealer participation throughout the country. :)
i did an internet google search for pontiac dealerships and the solstice.....there are quite a few adding markets up to this car....is what I commonly found on there individual websites....if you are a returning customer to the dealership...you can get it at MSRP...if you are coming to get the solstice and not a returning customer...they add at 1500 premium above MSRP., others were even higher...3-5k...........I believe it is each dealerships decision on how to sell this car......the one I ordered through here in MD stated they made a decision in the beginning of the marketing campaign to sell only at MSRP...and that is what they have done.....sooooooo....your comment about dealer participation throughout the country is right on....just wish GM had been a little hard fisted with this..but most are independent dealers....so not much they can do...

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...sure they can do something

PAO said:
i did an internet google search for pontiac dealerships and the solstice.....there are quite a few adding markets up to this car....is what I commonly found on there individual websites....if you are a returning customer to the dealership...you can get it at MSRP...if you are coming to get the solstice and not a returning customer...they add at 1500 premium above MSRP., others were even higher...3-5k...........I believe it is each dealerships decision on how to sell this car......the one I ordered through here in MD stated they made a decision in the beginning of the marketing campaign to sell only at MSRP...and that is what they have done.....sooooooo....your comment about dealer participation throughout the country is right on....just wish GM had been a little hard fisted with this..but most are independent dealers....so not much they can do...
My dealer assured me I would get my preorder at MSRP. When I asked about orders after the early ones, he said no way. Right now it's hard to get Solstices and of course at the moment they are a high demand item. THAT'S the lever that GM/Pontiac has. If they get word of big markups, they should cut that dealer's allocation. Simple..at least in the inducement, maybe not in the execution.
:cool:

·
2,574 Posts
It's important that the word gets out that Sols can be had at MSRP. It seems that this will be the case if one bothers to do a little shopping. It's true in my area from several dealers that I have checked with. If most do it others will have to get in line if they want to sell cars. Great work by the millioniare in pioneering this issue for us and thanks Pontiac we know you're lurking.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts