Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the call that my Solstice is in. Dealer offered my $1000 not to buy the car. Also wants to keep it until Saturday in the showroom. I told him he'd have to compensate me for it. I didn't complain that it's in the showroom right now since there shouldn't be too many visitors during the day time. Probably leaving work early to pick it up.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Congrats sol4soul, your VIN is one off mine. Maybe I'll get mine soon too.

$1000 not to buy it, he's a wheeler dealer huh.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Solstice on Display!

sol4soul said:
Just got the call that my Solstice is in. Dealer offered my $1000 not to buy the car. Also wants to keep it until Saturday in the showroom. I told him he'd have to compensate me for it. I didn't complain that it's in the showroom right now since there shouldn't be too many visitors during the day time. Probably leaving work early to pick it up.
Congrats sol4soul........I would offer to leave the car for the weekend at $200 per day. Dealer will get many additional orders this weekend from displaying your ride. I would request a roped off car with Three (3) "DO NOT TOUCH" signs on the vehicle! :yesnod:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats!!!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fantastic! :cheers:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Great news, I am with you get the car today, I would want to be driving it now. I am lucky enough when I get the call, I can leave work at that minute and my dealer knows it, he see me enough as it is, two or three times a week. Again have fun this holiday, wish it was me.

VIN 507, Sly, Fully Loaded, Standard Radio, no smoker pakage

·
Registered
118 Posts
sol4soul said:
I would ask for a percent of all Solstices ordered while yours is on display. :yesnod:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats!

I can't believe the dealer asked to keep the car for the weekend, nor can I believe that he put it in the showroom without asking. This is a customer car, ordered months ago and he knows you want it. Make sure you check the car completely and let him know of any issues you find with it.

If my dealer asks to show my car, once I get it, I'll be more than happy to arrange to have it available. But he better not presume to show it without asking me first.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Root beers for everyone :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Congrats! Im no. 23 and your not far from me. Will have to check with my delaer tommorrow and see where I am in shipping status. What was your prject delivery date?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PAS22 said:
Congrats! Im no. 23 and your not far from me. Will have to check with my delaer tommorrow and see where I am in shipping status. What was your prject delivery date?

I got it 9/1 the day it was supposed to be delivered. It might have shown up later in the day on 8/31 but my salesman had the day off so I wasn't notified. Oh well, it's mine now and the dealer sold it to me at MSRP. Damn those taxes though!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
sol4soul said:
I got it 9/1 the day it was supposed to be delivered. It might have shown up later in the day on 8/31 but my salesman had the day off so I wasn't notified. Oh well, it's mine now and the dealer sold it to me at MSRP. Damn those taxes though!

Thats good to hear, the delivery that is, not the taxes! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
[B]#32 The Windy City Will Never Be The Same[/B]

Congradulations!!!!! Please share your pics. :cool: :party:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts