Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

3100 order available to be sequenced

4K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  anxious one 
#1 ·
OK, now I am at 3100. Anyone care to make any guestimates how much longer I have to wait???

#5 ·
BTW, 3100 doesn't mean much. I've hit 3100 on 7/14, 8/10, 8/16, and 8/17. 3400 is the one that really counts!

Hopefully though with some luck, yours won't cycle back through the numbers multiple times.

#7 ·
ESERIES3 said:
Why is it when I really want an answer....you guys just tease me :)
Well, I think dori-san's second answer is the most accurate that you will get at this point in time. Any other answer won't mean much at this time.

#11 ·
...uh...

ESERIES3 said:
OK, now I am at 3100. Anyone care to make any guestimates how much longer I have to wait???
...no.
:cool:

#12 ·
dori-san said:
BTW, 3100 doesn't mean much. I've hit 3100 on 7/14, 8/10, 8/16, and 8/17. 3400 is the one that really counts!

Hopefully though with some luck, yours won't cycle back through the numbers multiple times.
After adding my 2 cents to this thread I called my dealer on Wednesday and had him fax me an updated history report.

Turns out I got another 3100 on 9/6 so that makes 5 times total. However, I jumped to 3400 on 9/7 so I'm in baby! :party:

#13 ·
dori-san said:
After adding my 2 cents to this thread I called my dealer on Wednesday and had him fax me an updated history report.

Turns out I got another 3100 on 9/6 so that makes 5 times total. However, I jumped to 3400 on 9/7 so I'm in baby! :party:
thanks but now I have moved to TPW 9/05. Next week I'll find out if they really did build it.

#15 ·
ESERIES3 said:
Who knows? I was sitting at 3300 for the past few weeks and Thursday I was put back to 3000 and I was a first round allocation pulled order. So event codes are not set in concrete. I could go from 3000 up to 3400 in one day so I think you better stick to poker...your odds are better! :lol:

#16 ·
CoolOne2006 said:
Who knows? I was sitting at 3300 for the past few weeks and Thursday I was put back to 3000 and I was a first round allocation pulled order. So event codes are not set in concrete. I could go from 3000 up to 3400 in one day so I think you better stick to poker...your odds are better! :lol:

thanks but now I have moved to TPW 9/05. Next week I'll find out if they really did build it.

#18 ·
Next Up......1st Allocation Orders......

ESERIES3 said:
The good news is the first 1000 are complete. I think there are 200 zero zippers (should be complete by mid-week 9-14, etc.) Can't wait to hear about a 1st allocation order receiving a VIN # from VIN Heaven. :blueangel

#19 ·
deluke said:
Dengel, you haven't moved up to 3400 yet? Your a zz and I bet your car was made this past week.
I really hope so. I've pretty much decided that my dealer has no clue how to check my order status, so I've been relying on cricket to give me info. But I know he is really busy checking everyone's status, so I try not to ask him more than once a week. I sure hope the next time I ask, Ive moved to at least a 3400. :willy:

#23 ·
Marlene209 said:
What do the numbers mean? I'm at 3800 I guess, VIN# 601, and there are VIN's after me that have already been delivered! I'm jumping out of my skin waiting for this car!
What are Event Codes?
Event codes show the status of the order in the system. Using your VOM order number the dealer can lookup your status (event code) in the system.

2500 means preferenced or "picked up"
3000 means accepted by production control
3100 means available to be sequenced
3300 means scheduled for production
3400 means broadcast (internal plant order produced)
3800 means produced
4000 means available to ship
4150 means original invoice (dealer billed)
4200 means shipped
5000 means at dealer

#24 ·
I get NOTHING from my Dealer!

How do I find out what my event code is?

I've asked, begged, pleaded, called on the phone, driven to the dealer & all I get is, "You are the #1 order at our dealership".... or "Yours is the 1st order in our allocation".... or "You're order was picked up, but I can't tell you anything about it because only the General Manager has that info & I'm 'ONLY' the Sales Manager" or "You've been moved up to get the car earlier because of the Zero Zip"

But I never get anything definitive.

I even called Pontiac HQ on Friday & I'm waiting to hear back from them.

I think the Sales Manager is being truthful (and I've developed a nice friendship with him) that he doesn't know anything, but it keeps feeling that I'm getting the:willy:!!!

Feeling frustrated in Northern NJ!
Marc

#25 ·
Marc said:
How do I find out what my event code is?

I've asked, begged, pleaded, called on the phone, driven to the dealer & all I get is, "You are the #1 order at our dealership".... or "Yours is the 1st order in our allocation".... or "You're order was picked up, but I can't tell you anything about it because only the General Manager has that info & I'm 'ONLY' the Sales Manager" or "You've been moved up to get the car earlier because of the Zero Zip"

But I never get anything definitive.

I even called Pontiac HQ on Friday & I'm waiting to hear back from them.

I think the Sales Manager is being truthful (and I've developed a nice friendship with him) that he doesn't know anything, but it keeps feeling that I'm getting the:willy:!!!

Feeling frustrated in Northern NJ!
Marc
Marc,

If all you want is your current event code, you can email cadillacricket. He has been very helpful in looking up the status of people's orders.

But if you want a more detailed order history, this is my advice to you. Take it with a grain of salt, as I haven't tried it yet, but will probably do it on Wednesday if my dealer still has no new info.

1. Ask who at the dealership actually has the ability to view the order status in the computer. (At my dealership, I suspect this person is the Regional Manager who only visits the dealership once a week.)
2. Ask when that person/persons will be available to see you in person.
3. Politely ask said person to call your order up on the computer screen while you are there, so that you may see it for yourself.

Some dealer's seem to be very willing to share this information, while others seem to think this is priviledged information not to be released to the customers. So it may or may not work. Either way, always remember to be polite, since the salepeople are not accustomed to this kind of attention from their customers, and aren't likely to be as helpful if you make them feel stupid.

#26 ·
dengel said:
If all you want is your current event code, you can email cadillacricket. He has been very helpful in looking up the status of people's orders.
OK, I may try the cadillacricket route, but I don't have a VOM...

dengel said:
1. Ask who at the dealership actually has the ability to view the order status in the computer. (At my dealership, I suspect this person is the Regional Manager who only visits the dealership once a week.)
This is the "General Manager" (i.e., Owner's Son-in-law), so I'll tread lightly

Like I said, the good news is that I've always worked directly with the SM, but access to the sales orders seem closely guarded. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Marc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.