Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
32 DAYS that's how long it took for vin#1965 to go from production to being shipped. Did the paperwork yesterday and paying MSRP. Car should be home by this time next week, per dealer. :D

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Congratulations, and bravo on getting the machine at MSRP. It's a fair price, and most of us are glad to pay it.

While there are some who have complained that they want X-thousand off sticker, and won't buy the car without it, I think the Solstice has been priced much much closer to the actual production cost, and it is an amazing value at MSRP.

I bid you much luck on the actual shipment time, but do know this--it's worth the wait! Any troubles you have with the initial delivery will be washed away by the third day of driving this beautiful machine. :cool:

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Congratulations, and bravo on getting the machine at MSRP. It's a fair price, and most of us are glad to pay it.

While there are some who have complained that they want X-thousand off sticker, and won't buy the car without it, I think the Solstice has been priced much much closer to the actual production cost, and it is an amazing value at MSRP.

I bid you much luck on the actual shipment time, but do know this--it's worth the wait! Any troubles you have with the initial delivery will be washed away by the third day of driving this beautiful machine. :cool:

Cheers!
:agree: I actually like buying at a fair MSRP and not doing the haggling where when you leave with your new car you're not sure whether you got a good dea,l or you got the proverbial shaft. I hope this becomes a trend.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
hodges1: Congratulations on your soon-to-be-here Solstice. We expect a new thread announcement when you get it so we can all give you our best wishes.

Mine was 12 days from produced to shipped, then 19 more days to delivery. Have you gotten from your dealer a printout of the Vehicle Order Event History? Ask them for this and you can add a post to give us the codes and dates. It takes the dealer about 60 seconds to print that out for you, not a bother to them.

Glad to see another one coming to Texas!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
hodges1 said:
32 DAYS that's how long it took for vin#1965 to go from production to being shipped. Did the paperwork yesterday and paying MSRP. Car should be home by this time next week, per dealer. :D
Hodges, I hope your right. Most vins from 700 to the later ones are on hold at Willmington. Very few but some have made it out but not many. Your dealer will be able to tell you more if he goes to the trucking companys and track your car with them. They can tell if it's on hold, if it's in their system but not shipped, or if it's on the way. See the thread "Tracking" for the 3 different trucking companys involved depending where your from.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Editguy said:
:agree: I actually like buying at a fair MSRP and not doing the haggling where when you leave with your new car you're not sure whether you got a good dea,l or you got the proverbial shaft. I hope this becomes a trend.
:agree:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
deluke said:
Hodges, I hope your right. Most vins from 700 to the later ones are on hold at Willmington. Very few but some have made it out but not many. Your dealer will be able to tell you more if he goes to the trucking companys and track your car with them. They can tell if it's on hold, if it's in their system but not shipped, or if it's on the way. See the thread "Tracking" for the 3 different trucking companys involved depending where your from.
I'm wondering if, say, your car is built this coming week will it go through the event sequences and be delivered without a hold? I'm assuming they are using the replacement seals, etc. on anything they are building now.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Editguy said:
I'm wondering if, say, your car is built this coming week will it go through the event sequences and be delivered without a hold? I'm assuming they are using the replacement seals, etc. on anything they are building now.
I would agree.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
deluke said:
Thanks gizmo, I don't know how to do that.
Just copy and paste from the address box in the browser from the page you want to refer to.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
deluke: no problem. I just go and find the thread, then copy the address up near the very top of the window, and paste it to my post.

To find the thread, I use different ways. Sometimes search if it has a fairly unique word in it, but often that doesn't work. Usually I go to Members List at the top of any page of posts, hunt for my name, then down on that page aways is "Find other posts" and "Find posted started by."

If it's a post I started, then "started by" is the easiest. If it's the other one, scan, scan, scan until I find it. If it is older than 500 of MY posts, I'm out of luck. Perhaps others can suggest a better way to find particular posts and threads.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I beat you to it, Gizmo! :D
Although you did go into more detail. Must be that accountant thing.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Sure, in 19 words! :)

But mine told me how to FIND the address!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Editguy said: "Must be that accountant thing."

I HEARD that! :)

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
1965 is very lucky--I am 1963 and the car is still sitting at the factory with NO shipping date :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Editguy said:
As mine was hopefully built last week (3400 10/19), I'm hoping this is the case.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
ralph_on_me said:
As mine was hopefully built last week (3400 10/19), I'm hoping this is the case.
:agree: I certainly hope the process speeds up. Not getting much action on the 3400 on 10/19 thread. I was hoping to have some other folks to share information as it come in. Maybe I'll just hold my breath until I get my car. :brentil: Ops..couldn't make it.

Has anyone kept any kind of data on the average time in each "event code". What kind of odds can I get for the 11/26 NE Ohio shin dig? What about Christmas?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Glad to hear your car's on the way. But be careful about getting too excited about getting it next week though. I think your dealer might be a bit overly optimistic. The time in transit for most cars seems to be at least a couple of weeks. Mine took four weeks to get down to Florida once it was actually loaded and left the plant. Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to all you guys with helpful information. I will be going to the dealership after lunch to sign the paperwork. I will ask them to look in the system to determine where my car is. I'll also post my code dates as soon as I have it. Saw it on Saturday but forgot to get a copy.

waiting......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts