Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up 3231 today around 3:00pm. This is one fun car to drive. My 9 year old daughter went to the dealer with me and got the first ride. She loved it. As we drove through town, there were so many heads turning to take another look at the car that she even commented about it. My car is the first delivery to this dealer, and probably one of the first in the Danbury, CT area as I have only seen one other on the rode. Unfortunately, the weather turned cold so we kept the top up. I'm hoping this weekend will be nice enough to go topless. I was having second thoughts about getting Cool, but now I have no regrets. I do love this car. :cool:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Congratulations, Publius E, that's great news. :party:

And how cool of your daughter to notice the attention that COOL car gets!

Enjoy, and may you have some beautiful days soon to enjoy your Solstice without the roof!

·
Registered
83 Posts
#2309 is in

I have only put about 20 miles on this car. It is snowing out now. I just love it. For $24,000 you can't bet it. What a looker.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Congrats!

Off to Getting your Solstice forum for further discussion, thanks

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Front Plate

I was wondering if anyone has actually put a plate on the front of the car. CT is one of those states that require a plate on the front. I told the dealer not to waste his time putting the bracket on. As this car would not be wearing a front plate. He said he wouldn't think about ruining the appearance of the car. He went on to say that he had to let me know it was my responsibility. Well, I’m OK with that. I drove my Grand Prix for 5.5 years with the font plate in the trunk. So, has anyone actually put a plate on the front?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
PubliusE said:
I was wondering if anyone has actually put a plate on the front of the car. CT is one of those states that require a plate on the front. I told the dealer not to waste his time putting the bracket on. As this car would not be wearing a front plate. He said he wouldn't think about ruining the appearance of the car. He went on to say that he had to let me know it was my responsibility. Well, I’m OK with that. I drove my Grand Prix for 5.5 years with the font plate in the trunk. So, has anyone actually put a plate on the front?
I know that Dengel said that they bolted it on to the bumper on her car. Ouch.

·
Registered
111 Posts
PubliusE,

Congratulations! My 11-year old son was my first pax going home from the dealer and it was just as much fun seeing his face lit up as it was to drive the car. Perhaps we've helped introduce a new generation to the the "rag-top" world.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AFSOC 1st Sgt said:
PubliusE,

Congratulations! My 11-year old son was my first pax going home from the dealer and it was just as much fun seeing his face lit up as it was to drive the car. Perhaps we've helped introduce a new generation to the the "rag-top" world.
That's great! My 11 year old son was the second passenger in my car. His first words were, "This is great! This car is so cool. I hope my friends see me in it".

You are correct; the excitement on their faces was priceless. Maybe an idea for Master Card?

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
PubliusE said:
There's some pictures from the Ontario group with front plates. Great pics but not on the old desert dialup!!!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations. :party:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts