Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never started a thread, but have been waiting for this one for quite some time. To me, this is as official as it gets on Solstice production results.

Follow this link to the GM investment site for their monthly production results by plant, and you can clearly see how many Sols have been produced YTD and in the previous month.

YTD = 836
July 2005 = 330

I have been checking this for the last few months and seeing nothing but ZERO, and now we have real numbers. The time has come... BRING ON MY NEW CAR !!! :)

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/IROL/84/84530/sales_production/Production_0805.xls

·
Registered
397 Posts
I assume this includes prototype/test vehicles. What quantity of the July numbers are actual deliverable production vehicles? I know it's in here somewhere......

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
well, at that monthly rate it will only take about two and a half years to fill the current orders! :D

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Hey 330 might be reals ones because they break out YTD of 836 (506 test cars).

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
From SmallDealer's post, there were 180 acutal production level Sols produced so far as of last Friday and no more should have been produced until Monday (Aug. 1). They do not appear to be separating the test vehicles in the numbers here. So I would interpret it as 150 test cars produced in July in addition to the 180 production cars. And all the rest of the YTD totals would also be test cars.

·
Registered
397 Posts
There it is! Thank you - that was my assumption also.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a reasonable assumption to me as well. It is very good to have SmallDealer in this forum.

·
5,641 Posts
The numbers JoePA96 has found are the ones you can take to the bank. My Sunday night thread starter is just Automotive News' estimate of production. And they have only been watching for two weeks. The one GM is reporting to investors is the real deal. And of those 330 July cars only the last 87 or so are the EOP cars, the ones that count for now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
is this for real?

Hopefully the spreadsheet that opens from this link is correct as I am anxiously awaiting my Solstice. However, since I just bought an Equinox also, I looked for production figures for it (and its twin, Pontiac Torrent) and saw neither listed (in Canadian numbers). :(

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Also, I just ran across Hyzer's post about his car that was supposedly going to be produced as a customer car but was reassigned as a test car. His VIN was originally assigned as 100657, so that would lend credence to the idea that there are about 650 test cars that have been built.

·
Registered
144 Posts
650 test cars? Wow! Are they sent all over the country? How many miles get put on these cars, and can they be sold at some point?

·
5,641 Posts
Pontiac#10 said:
Hopefully the spreadsheet that opens from this link is correct as I am anxiously awaiting my Solstice. However, since I just bought an Equinox also, I looked for production figures for it (and its twin, Pontiac Torrent) and saw neither listed (in Canadian numbers). :(
The Equinox and Torrent are not built by General Motors, so they would not show up on this list. They are built by CAMI, which is a joint venture between GM and Suzuki. Same as the Pontiac Vibe which is built by NUMMI, a joint venture of GM and Toyota.

P.S. The Torrent starts retail production this week. :)

CAMI's web site

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Soul Stiz said:
650 test cars? Wow! Are they sent all over the country? How many miles get put on these cars, and can they be sold at some point?
I think most of them are given to GM employees for thorough testing. So they tend to be in the Detroit area, but there have been sightings elsewhere and some will be for promotional purposes that are taken around to press events like we saw a while back. From what I understand, they are driven long and hard to watch for problems. They will never be sold as a retail car, but some may be sold at auction eventually (maybe for parts) and many will be scrapped from what we understand. I have heard that even if they are sold at some point, they can't be registered as a regular car, but maybe as a track car or something. Regardless, they are going to be ragged out worse than rentals from what I hear, so definitely not something I'd go looking for.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
SlySol said:
They will never be sold as a retail car, but some may be sold at auction eventually (maybe for parts) and many will be scrapped from what we understand.
If it helps get my car faster, I'll take used leather interiors!!!!!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Editguy said:
well, at that monthly rate it will only take about two and a half years to fill the current orders! :D
Seriously, I know we talked about this many, many, many times. What is the full production rate? When will GM hit that mark? What is the production rate until then?

·
Registered
55 Posts
87 or so EOPs?

Small Dealer said:
The numbers JoePA96 has found are the ones you can take to the bank. My Sunday night thread starter is just Automotive News' estimate of production. And they have only been watching for two weeks. The one GM is reporting to investors is the real deal. And of those 330 July cars only the last 87 or so are the EOP cars, the ones that count for now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dealer told me today that #1 and 2 of 5 of their First Allocation have been built; #1 on July 18 and #2 yesterday. Could this be accurate?

·
5,641 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dealer told me today that #1 and 2 of 5 of their First Allocation have been built; #1 on July 18 and #2 yesterday. Could this be accurate?

Ask him the VINs of the two cars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Vins of First Allocations

Small Dealer said:
Ask him the VINs of the two cars.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dealer is Don Mackey in Tucson. I'll ask but is there a way to check the status of their dealer allocations? Maybe thru the GM system?

·
5,641 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dealer is Don Mackey in Tucson. I'll ask but is there a way to check the status of their dealer allocations? Maybe thru the GM system?
Can't check on another dealers allocations or sold orderw without knowing the order number.

Copied a reply to same info from another thread.

Sol-Brotha said:
My sales guy called me today and said that cars #1 and #2 of 5 (first allocation) have been built. #1 on July 18th and #2 yesterday. I asked him if these were EOP cars and he said they didn't get any EOPs. Could it be possible that First Allocations are being built?
hyzer said:
You might be in the same boat as me. My zero zip car was assigned a VIN and looked like it was built. Next day i found out my order was reassigned as a test vehicle and i was issued a new VOM#. (see false rumor thread)
I think hyzer is right on. When you check with Mackey, you will find that their cars are like hyzer, built but taken away.

·
Registered
936 Posts
No wa a first allocation car can be built. Not to mention 2 at the same dealer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts