Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
ETA dinner time Sunday

Less than 100 hours to go!
Just over 100 hrs for me. ETA dinner time Sunday. Look for a Cool silver coupe with SOL 4 AZ plate.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a pile of stuff on the bed in the guest room that is slowly growing. Suitcase, hats, maps, shirts, tools, camera, door handles, GPS, ... I just remembered... I've gotta pack cigars!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I'm sitting in Colorado Springs at my sister's place in the hills. Will be leaving here Sunday morning and arriving at BlackHawk early afternoon. There was damaging hail just north of here yesterday early morning, any vehicles left outside had major denting and glass knocked out. Got lucky I guess. Looking forward to meeting all you Kappa guys.

See you Sunday!

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I've got a pile of stuff on the bed in the guest room that is slowly growing. Suitcase, hats, maps, shirts, tools, camera, door handles, GPS, ... I just remembered... I've gotta pack cigars!
I'd love to see a picture of your suitcase and where, exactly, you plan on carrying it. I have a small carry-on (weird that's a homonym for carrion) that takes up the entire passenger floorboard and blocks most of that seat. Makes it hard to open the glovebox when you get pulled over.

Note to self: find place to permanently install Valentine 1 that's been sitting on a shelf for two years.

I like the look of the GM luggage rack, but of course they're very difficult to locate.

I *could* make one. Which, based on my current backlog of making brackets, shift knobs, and other miscellaneous bits, will happen about 2025.

I'm driving up from Dallas (Wylie). If anyone wants to meet up on the road, I'm game.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm driving up from Dallas (Wylie). If anyone wants to meet up on the road, I'm game.
I grew up in Waco and have family in DFW. Looking forward to meeting you!

I've got a receiver hitch on my Sol with a cargo carrier rack. I can carry a small elephant back there! But I misspoke when I said suitcase... I'm carrying a duffel bag. Three actually.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I grew up in Waco and have family in DFW. Looking forward to meeting you!

I've got a receiver hitch on my Sol with a cargo carrier rack. I can carry a small elephant back there! But I misspoke when I said suitcase... I'm carrying a duffel bag. Three actually.
Cool! See you there. I'll be the skinny jerk with the black car staring blankly around while trying to find the bar.

I should probably be more specific. :|

We should have name tags. But Rob & crew have probably thought of that.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Missing NASSAM

I regret....make that really, really regret...missing NASSAM this year. At the last minute a minor relapse of my heart condition scared me into cancelling. It was probably wise. My plan was taxing - fly to Tucson, drive the winter Solstice 16 hours to CO, play for 4 days, then the trip home. No place for a man with a weak heart traveling alone. Hopefully my condition is corrected by next year in NY.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts