Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the waiting is finally over. I couldn't be more thrilled over how #349 looks and drives. I am definately all smiles. :)

I picked up the Sly/Sand/Steel, polished aluminum wheels, yesterday around 5:00. Got to drive with the top down. Total vehicle price $23,785.00.

The ride home was fantastic. I was surprised to find a relatively smooth ride. I expected a "stiff/bumpy sports car" ride. As for the steering capability...it will turn on a dime. The inside was quite comfortable. My husband and son both were surprised at the space they had inside. (my son is 6"2" around 250 lbs) and he said he was good with the space. The color (sly) looks so good with the sand/steel interior. I have no complaints there for sure. So...like what so many others have said....to you who are still waiting...hang in there...the wait is worth it!!

·
Registered
819 Posts
More F1K deliveries. :thumbs: Congrats and happy Sol touring!! :party:

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
WOW - congrats!
With luck mine will make it this week or next.
The vin numbers being delivered are all over the board - from the 100's to the 1400's. Sounds like getting out of Lordstown is the key!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean about the VIN number being all over the board. For awhile I thought mine was lost. I know you guys who are close and those who still have a wait are anxious. The last few days are the hardest. I made the last six months pretty good. But as soon as I had word it was in Texas...that was the most anxious time for me.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,471 Posts
Ann said:
I know what you mean about the VIN number being all over the board. For awhile I thought mine was lost. I know you guys who are close and those who still have a wait are anxious. The last few days are the hardest. I made the last six months pretty good. But as soon as I had word it was in Texas...that was the most anxious time for me.
I understand that!!! The first six months was a piece of cake. Then the dealer called to let me know the car was on a rail car from Lordstown to Janesville. That next week was nerve-wracking, hovering near the phone, watching every car carrier passing down the highway, etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a quick reply to you.....Thanks for defending our country...Stay safe in Iraq!!!! God Bless You.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Anyone up for a Texas Solstice 'meet' in November, or?
Also, is anyone going to the Solstice event in Hilton Head on Nov. 4-6??

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I would love to attend a Texas Solstice Meet. Keep me informed, please.

·
Registered
18 Posts
carlintexas said:
Anyone up for a Texas Solstice 'meet' in November, or?
Also, is anyone going to the Solstice event in Hilton Head on Nov. 4-6??
i would be interested dont know what i will be driving yet its been shipped 9-16 and now 10-8 see what happens in the next couple of weeks

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Ann said to MSG McKee: "Thanks for defending our country...Stay safe in Iraq!!!! God Bless You."

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
(That would be a seven-gun salute of agreement. I would have made it 21, but ....)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Congratulations, ANN!!

It's nice to hear of another Texan getting their Solstice.

My Sly is due to arrive at the dealer next week on the 20th here in Fort Worth. I can't wait!!

I also can't wait to see another Solstice on the road that belongs to one of you folks on this forum!!

I would also be up for a Texas Meet n' Greet!! I guess we could let them Okies come down and join us as well....... ;)

- bspate -

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ann, congrats!! I'm waiting on a 2nd allocation (4/7) from Sewell in Dallas. We were told a couple of weeks ago they would have a production date soon. Still no word. I've been good about not calling, but feel the need to have him check tomorrow. :willy:

What dealer did you purchase from?

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

Congratulatios Ann,

Nice to hear it's worth the wait.

This week has been the worst for me, GM called last Thursday to say that the train with mine arrived in Vancouver on the night before (Wednesday) at 6PM. It still has not made it to the dealer.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
CanSol: How about a VIN?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would definitely be interested in a Texas get together, but I have to get my sols in first. It's a first allocation so I've kept my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

gizmo2004 said:
CanSol: How about a VIN?
VIN# is 100958, but cancel my last remark about 1 week in town without arriving at the dealer. While that is true, just after I posted that comment the dealer called and I raced off to see my new Sol.

The Sol looks great in Sly. The only other one I have seen is silver but I love the Grey. Can't wait to take delivery tomorrow. For tonight I'll just have to read the manual.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts