Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just visited a local dealer who had #367 on display in the showroom. Noticed some unusual things:
1) Gaps were uneven where clamshell hood met front fenders. One side was actually touching the fender (Pontiac put a rubber pad as a cushion to prevent metal to metal rubbing)
2) The GM Button medallion was on the front fender directly below the Pontiac emblem. (I thought that this was moved to the door area for the production releases???)
3) Spacing gaps where front fascia met fenders was also off

I spoke to a young salesman who knew very little about the car and he told me that the owner brought the car back after a week or two so that the dealer could put it in the showroom for a week. The car is supposed to be picked up on Friday.

Must say that even with the fit/finish problems, this car looked awesome in person. As was stated by many, photos do not do this car justice!

The salesman told me that they had one more car available that has not been sold (I assume this is from their 1st allocation since he said someone could take delivery of it before year end)

Unfortunately, they are selling these cars for $5,000 OVER LIST!!! :brentil:

I told him no thanks since my car was built and would be in any week and that I paid list, period. This is exactly why I did not go back to this dealer for my Sol even though I had bought two cars from them in previous years. They have lost me as a customer forever!
:cool:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
2) The GM Button medallion was on the front fender directly below the Pontiac emblem. (I thought that this was moved to the door area for the production releases???)
No, you have it backwards. ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Mayor said:
Just visited a local dealer who had #367 on display in the showroom. Noticed some unusual things:
1) Gaps were uneven where clamshell hood met front fenders. One side was actually touching the fender (Pontiac put a rubber pad as a cushion to prevent metal to metal rubbing)
hood as in front or clamshell as in rear?
the factory ships cars with pads between body components to keep them safe during transit. If i recieved a car whose hood or rear deck was so misaligned that it was touching the fenders i wouldn't accept it until the problem was corrected. we haven't heard these issues from others who have recieved their cars. maybe it was a damage in transit- i understand they are making every effort to get the cars right before releasing them... even recalling some once in transit to resolve issues.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wife of cdb said:
hood as in front or clamshell as in rear?
the factory ships cars with pads between body components to keep them safe during transit. If i recieved a car whose hood or rear deck was so misaligned that it was touching the fenders i wouldn't accept it until the problem was corrected. we haven't heard these issues from others who have recieved their cars. maybe it was a damage in transit- i understand they are making every effort to get the cars right before releasing them... even recalling some once in transit to resolve issues.
The gap problem was with the hood. The passenger side was actually touching the topof the fender while the driver side had a small gap. There was also a gap where the front bumper met the turn signal light fixture.

I was told that the owner had the car for 1+ weeks and agreed to return it for display. Could not see the mileage since it was off.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
OH NO!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts