Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Went to the site saw a Solstice,envious,VIN# 144 in Honolulu,HI,thats only 5000 miles from the plant in Wilmington,I'm only 415 miles awaythe VIN# only 7 from mine.Makes you wonder, I'm about to go Postal. :willy:Well enough about my favorite bitch :cuss: hows your day been? :brentil: :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I saw 38 and found that #418 which is one before mine was in stock at Topeka so maybe # 419 will be here soon!

Autotrader Link

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yea we had a big discussion on this while back and turned out to be dealers automatically upload all cars invoiced to their dealers. These cars (most) are not for sale and just get caught up in the autoload.

·
Registered
96 Posts
# 418 and and 67 are supposed to be in-stock?

·
Registered
576 Posts
perrypontiac said:
My customer told me that I should look at auto trader dot com and search any distance and see how many and what dealer are selling these. HOLY SNIKE BATMAN
www.autotrader.com
23 of the first 1000 are for sale by dealers on Autotrader. So much for turning them back so the next on the list could get them.

Here are the ones I saw, most do not appear on the Forum List:

448 Pa
132 Black - Tx
403 Gray - Tx
376 Gray - OH
495 Gray - Mn
347 Gray - Mn
474 Gray - Pa
502 Red - Wa
535 - Fl
62 Black -OH
515 Gray - SD
671 - Pa
722 - Pa
617 Red - GA
348 Gray - GA
561 Silver - In
911 - Il
38 - Il
81 Black - Pa
631 Red - PA
139 Black - Ny
338 - Il
677 - Wv

·
Registered
292 Posts
mceb said:
Yea we had a big discussion on this while back and turned out to be dealers automatically upload all cars invoiced to their dealers. These cars (most) are not for sale and just get caught up in the autoload.
Here is another related thread that explains this. It's not quite as bad as it seems.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/...ight=autotrader

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
mceb said:
These cars (most) are not for sale and just get caught up in the autoload.
Yep ... I just called about one that was listed and was also told that it was a sold order and just automatically shows up when a dealer is invoiced for the car. Probably only a couple of those cars are actually available for sale.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was origionally supposed to get # 481 (Sly) which was supposed to de delivered on 8?27 # 670 (Aggressive) was scheduled for delivery on 8/31. 670 came in on 9/8 and the person who ordered it declined delivery (What was he thinking?) I went down to look at it and my wife fell in love, needless to say when I was told I could have the Aggressive if I wanted it I jumped at the chance. # 481 still hasn't shown up. P.S. my dealer is charging MSRP for everyone who ordered one. I think that they will bump up the price for anyone that didn't order one and make a deposit. Drove mine to Williamsburg VA this past weekend (about 340 miles round trip) Had it up to 80 on the expressway, handled excellent. Got a lot of rubbernecking on the road.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
SolLate said:
Why would you pay to adverstise a sold car?
Keep in mind that special-ordered cars are not the norm for GM. In general, when a car is invoiced to a dealer, it will arrive on the lot and be ready for sale very shortly. It seems to be an automated process, which would probably be fine 99% of the time. Also, for a high-demand car such as this, it may get people calling the dealership to inquire about it, which is the foot in the door that a salesman may want. "No, I'm afraid that one is already taken, but perhaps I could help you place an order or show you some of the other great cars we have in stock."

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SolLate said:
Just the normal course of business to load all cars up. Most of the time they are not pre-sold like this.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SolLate said:
Some big companies pay a monthly/yearly fee to auto trader which in essence gets them unlimited listings. Some of those dealers more then likely have an auto import to auto trader system too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My car is listed in here along with the other two going to my dealership.
So # 77 can be added to NE.
Funny though, just went to dealership today and he said my car hasn't been invoiced. Mine's #116 :brentil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts