Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vin #387 has just been picked up from Clarkston, MI. Mysterious color with 2-Tone leather - loaded up on everything! $25k.

My review: Love the vehicle. Lots of stares and questions at red lights. Don't mind all the attention at all and enjoy driving the car.

I have the clunking from 1st to 2nd - but it really isn't that bad. Love the Monsoon stereo - lot's of wind noise - but it's a convertible. I did have the top up last night (cold) and banged my head (big lump) on the metal roofline getting out of the car. I'll be more careful getting out next time with the low head clearance. ouch!

The 2-tone is much lighter than I thought - but will be better on the bottom and back when the hot sun hits it in the summer. Didn't want to do black on black. Be patient - the cars are starting to come in. I waited and waited and waited - now it's finally here. Look for me tooling around in SE Michigan. :jester:

·
Registered
210 Posts
:grouphug: :thumbs: Congratulations!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats!

:party: :cheers: :party: :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations on your ne car. :party:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey! I'm from Clarkston. You must have got the car from Randy Hosler's. We bought a Fiero from them when I was a teenager! Must have been an '85 or '86.

Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bitchindude said:
Hey! I'm from Clarkston. You must have got the car from Randy Hosler's. We bought a Fiero from them when I was a teenager! Must have been an '85 or '86.

Congrats on the new ride!
Thanks. I also own an 85 Fiero GT (black) from Randy Hosler. What a small world. I'm storing it in my Dad's garage. It was my first new vehicle!

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's what we had -- a black Fiero GT, automatic with no wing. Great car, except for the Goodyear Eagles that would hydroplane when the sky got cloudy, just for good measure.

High school chicks loved that car. Ah, good times.

Now that I think about, maybe I'll buy our Solstice from Hosler's and drive it back to California with my wife, just for old time's sake.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...is it really clunking?

jschimp said:
I have the clunking from 1st to 2nd - but it really isn't that bad. :jester:
Congrats, Is it really clunking or just the normal clicking sounds of linkage moving while shifting? One is annoying while the other is music.
:cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RichSol said:
Congrats, Is it really clunking or just the normal clicking sounds of linkage moving while shifting? One is annoying while the other is music.
:cool:
Most likely the linkage moving while shifting. Haven't had a problem, and I'm very used to the small noises now. It's a great car!!!! Love it!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
729 Posts
bitchindude said:
........Great car, except for the Goodyear Eagles that would hydroplane when the sky got cloudy, just for good measure.
Oh my goodness...........I have been laughing out loud for the last 10 minutes after reading this. Thank you!!

- bspate -

1 - 13 of 13 Posts