Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be so long in announcing the arrival of the first Solstice in Chattanooga, but we've been rather busy putting over 100 miles on it since it was prepped Tuesday evening. Sly with everything except Onstar and smokers package.

I got the call from my dealership Tuesday morning (the car actually arrived late Monday) and ran over to look at it. It is beautiful. It took the dealership six hours to assign a stock number (as I mentioned, it's the first Solstice here in Chattanooga) and get the car prepped. I called my wife from the dealership and she came over to pick up HER first new car since we were married 28 years ago.

Here's my story:

My mother was a seven year survivor of ovarian cancer, admitted into hospice last October and moved into our house. About a month before she succommed to the disease, she asked me to do something really special for my wife, who constantly went out of her way to make my mother feel special and ease her pain during her last few months. Mother died on May fourth of this year, and I went down to the local Pontiac dealership on May 26 and put $500. down on the first Solstice that they were going to get in their first allocation. Why the solstice? About three months before we were married (back in 1977) my wife bought a brand new 280 Z off the showroom floor for $7200. We sold her car three years later for $7700. (the only car we ever owned that actually appreciated), and bought our first house in Lexington, KY. We both loved the Z, but it wasn't really practical after our first child was born.

We now live in Chattanooga and our two older children have left home, which brings me back to "why the Solstice?" This is the closest I will come to replacing the car she sacrificed so we could buy our first house. Both cars were/are silver (or gray), two seaters and manual transmission. The dealership put a big red bow on the hood for her when she came to see it, and she cried.

Just wanted to let everyone know where 3876 was. This is my first post, even though I have been visiting the forum since April. I want to thank everyone for the great information about the car, it's been helpful to know what to expect.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Great story from a deserving and loving family... :yesnod:

I hope you enjoy it for a long time together!!

:party:

- bspate -

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Your mother sounds like a she was a very thoughtful person who raised a son as thoughtful as she. I'm very sorry for your loss, and I hope you enjoy the car. Congratulations!

·
Registered
29 Posts
:thumbs: Congrats :thumbs:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Congrats on the car and my sympathies for the loss of your mother. Have a happy Thanksgiving riding with your top down.

Trux

·
2,574 Posts
Thanks for the post, memorable story. Sure candidate for "best first post"!

Good luck to you guys with your new beauty! :yesnod: -bird

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Congratulations, TNSOL! Pretty state in which to drive your Solstice. :party:

Please let me know what color it is, for THE LIST. Thanks.

EDIT NOTE: Thanks to karr1008, I went back and read the initial post again and saw the color. :blush:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats on the arrival of your Sol!!! :party:
I lost my mother to ovarian cancer as well, sorry about your loss

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations, great post, enjoy the car both of you. :party:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts