Lol
I did not say two d images

They are 3D models

The printer uses Gcode to print.

I will get more info tomorrow. This is all new to me

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Okay, so I'll be less "vague". I've already brought the vector file into my solid modeling software as a 2D sketch. Old trick I learned 30 years ago in the wireframe/surfacing CAD days - you scale that biotch up huge, like 50 times larger than desired, trace B-splines over the outline, then scale it back down to your desired size. That takes any of the jaggedness of the edges out of the model.

From there I can extrude the individual letters to make a 3D solid model. These can be saved in most any format, including STL.

This image is actually a 3D solid model that I was going to "hire" my son to run in renwood on the CNC mill he operates at work. I was going to highlight with paint and hang this in the bay where the Solstice lives. If anyone would like an STL file of it, PM me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Snap a picture of the logo, vectorize it, dump it into the 3D modeling app of your choice, extrude, export, print.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Ok so now I have requests for the Sky version. CW can you whip one up?
Anybody have a vector file of the Sky logo? Sh!t.... I might already have that but it's on my box at work.

Um, I mean, it's on a different computer that I currently don't have access to.

I'd never do such things on my employers computer.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Always good to learn new things when you're on your way to learning other things. Found a way to use ghostscript to open EPS files in GIMP!

Should have 3D on the text completed during lunch time. Have to check the differences in the body profile to see if I can use "parts" from the Solstice version.

21 - 40 of 320 Posts