Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
I sent you the Sky silhouette also, in that emailed zip. (I'm confused.)
Oh no no no. I do have the Sky silhouette from your file. It's just that I had the Solstice already modeled in 3D solids - thought I might take a shortcut and use some of that file and just "tweak" the Sky geometry to fit.

Since only the roof line and basic profile are the same, it's just as easy to recreate the Sky profile.

Should I center the "SKY" lettering and "GT" lettering under the silhouette and make 2 separate files? (I'm assuming "yes".)

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Packaged was delivered this weekend whilst my bride and I were taking our maiden camping voyage to a nearby lake. Looks great! Pics of before and after paint to come soon!

·
Super Moderator
16,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I still have people calling for the Sky sign. I am holding them off and blaming you LOL

My recent production.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Rob - I'm cleaning up and painting the model I got from you. I understand the limitation of the printer's resolution but wondered about your thoughts in regards to the smoothness of the contours. I can make them smoother if you think it would make any difference in the printed model.

I'm inclined to believe it wouldn't, but if you think it might I will rework another solid model to try it.

·
Super Moderator
16,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
if you want it smoother, put it into a jar with a paper towel holding acetone. It will smooth the surface. I think its fine but if you want to play with it I'm not going to tell you no

41 - 60 of 320 Posts