Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in touch with the people at Xpell and need help from someone in the San Antonio area. There HQ's is in your area and they need a Solstice to make a template for our cars. My installer here in Ga will build one from scratch, but would like a template to work from. PM me and I will send you my contact phone number. If you have not used this product, you need to. It is great stuff....no more ugly paint chips on the front of your car and it is invisible from about 3 to 4 feet. You will not be able to see it...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
64GTO said:
I have been in touch with the people at Xpell and need help from someone in the San Antonio area. There HQ's is in your area and they need a Solstice to make a template for our cars. My installer here in Ga will build one from scratch, but would like a template to work from. PM me and I will send you my contact phone number. If you have not used this product, you need to. It is great stuff....no more ugly paint chips on the front of your car and it is invisible from about 3 to 4 feet. You will not be able to see it...
Question.... can you wax over the 3M stuff? Or after a few wax jobs on the paint will the 3m start to look dull compared to the rest of the waxed car?

·
Registered
316 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Question.... can you wax over the 3M stuff? Or after a few wax jobs on the paint will the 3m start to look dull compared to the rest of the waxed car?
I dont think youre supposed to wax over it, but it may be ok to do for more gloss. As I understand from the websites, it yellows/opacifies due to UV exposure. This occurs over years and seems to be the main factor other than obvious damage limiting useable lifespan.

If someone finds the templates, please post it so we can order it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would be happy to help, but I'm afraid you would probally have a quicker time driving here from GA then me getting over there in my Solstice. I ordered mine in mid July. It may be Easter before I get mine.

Sorry, but when I do get mine I will see if I can help at that time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a friend that has the 3M film on this S2K, I think a 02MY and had it replaced due to wear. Had a new one put on because of the outstanding job it does. When the old film was taken off there was no paint fade at all. He has used nothing put Xaino on this car and it looks like it just came off the showroom floor. And yes, he does wax the whole car, bra and all. I believe he has something like 30k miles on this car and no paint chips. I will have the 3M film on the Sol that front end is just begging for help.

·
Registered
895 Posts
X-Pell

Checked out the video of their product on line. Looks like great stuff. I agree there needs to be a custom template made. There is a dealer that installs it 10 min. from my house. I do not know when my Sol will be here.
Sitting Duck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts