Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you car people. That is to say, for those that already have the toys in your hands.
On the rear of the car near the wing latch, there is a 3M film to prevent or minimize scuffs and chaffing(sp?). Does it look okay to you?
My point is this. I went to a dealer here in town that had a pre-production Pure in the showroom and I noticed that the film was, well, yellowed a bit. Kind of looked like some machines that I had in the past that had this film on it behind the front wheels and that was very old.
I last saw a Pure in person while in Florida and that too was a pre-prod. model but I don't remember seeing the film standing out like this one that I saw today.
I would really like to hear from any Pure owners if possible as that I think that if there is a discoloration that it would show best on the white than anything else.
Just wondering that if it looks like this on ours when it comes in, is there anything that can be done via replacing it???

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
tweety said:
I have a question for you car people. That is to say, for those that already have the toys in your hands.
On the rear of the car near the wing latch, there is a 3M film to prevent or minimize scuffs and chaffing(sp?). Does it look okay to you?
My point is this. I went to a dealer here in town that had a pre-production Pure in the showroom and I noticed that the film was, well, yellowed a bit. Kind of looked like some machines that I had in the past that had this film on it behind the front wheels and that was very old.
I last saw a Pure in person while in Florida and that too was a pre-prod. model but I don't remember seeing the film standing out like this one that I saw today.
I would really like to hear from any Pure owners if possible as that I think that if there is a discoloration that it would show best on the white than anything else.
Just wondering that if it looks like this on ours when it comes in, is there anything that can be done via replacing it???
I don't like the way it is so obvious. Of course, my top is ALWAYS down, so I see it every day.

I'm thinking that if and when I go to have the 3M put on the nose and hood, I might have them take those off and 3M the whole back. Might be difficult with the humps, I don't know.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My hump my hump my hump... sorry.

I'm not sure how stretchy that 3M stuff is, but they may be able to heat and stretch it over the humps. It might not be as thick over the humps, but it would stay seamless.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
ralph_on_me said:
My hump my hump my hump... sorry.

I'm not sure how stretchy that 3M stuff is, but they may be able to heat and stretch it over the humps. It might not be as thick over the humps, but it would stay seamless.
I like seamless. Especially in my nylons! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts