Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at a sol the other day and noticed it had a protective coating at the back under where the top attaches to the trunk...

does everybody so far have this on their cars? I am not sure if they just started putting it on for some reason. I have seen pics of many cars, for example, excelsiors and i havent seen it on his unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
dylan01 said:
I looked at a sol the other day and noticed it had a protective coating at the back under where the top attaches to the trunk...

does everybody so far have this on their cars? I am not sure if they just started putting it on for some reason. I have seen pics of many cars, for example, excelsiors and i havent seen it on his unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.
They are on all cars, and have been since pre-production. Apparently, in person, you have to look for them to notice them.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
There are companies that will apply the same 3M coating over your front fascia, hood, fenders, and mirror fronts. It helps prevent stone chips. The cost is anywhere from $700-$1,000.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Fortimir said:
They are on all cars, and have been since pre-production. Apparently, in person, you have to look for them to notice them.
Actually, in person they are still quite noticeable...however, they do not detract from the looks that much. Too much good to overcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.