Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting this product (Scotchgard Paint Protection Film ) on the hood of my car to save it from rocks and peebles. Does anyone in this forum have experience with it?

What is your experience with it?
Is it difficult to install?
Is it worth the expense?
How long does it last?
Does it look good?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I had it on the headlights of a previous car and would recommend it for that. I did not get the hood covering due to the price (could have the bumper repainted in a few years for what the install would have cost). The hood film is not a do-it-yourself project from what I've heard. Even pro instatllers sometimes make mistakes and cut into the paint when trimming the film. I read some complaints about that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
3M paint protector

I have it on my '03 Bravada. Like it a lot. You can order it from a Ziebart Dealer. They want to install it. I believe it is then warrantied for several years. I had a fender bender and replaced a section myself. it is very sticky, so application is a exacting process. if you must remove it, it stretches and reapplication can be done but the shape and fit are not the same.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I personally want to get one. You can get far more advanced kits then just the front of the car. You can get rocker panel covers, rear quarter panel covers, etc. For example I've attached 3 images that show one of the almost full Elise car kit. They can get really advanced.

I think I'll email them and see if they have plans to make one for the Solstice or not.

Here's a great site that sells made car kits. This is their list of makers they support, and then inside of each one is the list of cars they make specific kits for. They seem to make some nice kits for a lot ofGM cars.
http://www.stickercity.com/store/home.php?cat=427

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
brentil said:
I personally want to get one. You can get far more advanced kits then just the front of the car. You can get rocker panel covers, rear quarter panel covers, etc. For example I've attached 3 images that show one of the almost full Elise car kit. They can get really advanced.

I think I'll email them and see if they have plans to make one for the Solstice or not.

Here's a great site that sells made car kits. This is their list of makers they support, and then inside of each one is the list of cars they make specific kits for. They seem to make some nice kits for a lot ofGM cars.
http://www.stickercity.com/store/home.php?cat=427
send them the pics of the sky too. i'd order a full set.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I priced my Bonneville for one of the precut kits online and it was under $300.
Here's the link to one vender that seems to have alot of different models available.

http://www.clearmask.com/

I think I'll get it once they have a precut kit if it isnt too long of a wait and have it done over the winter. I doubt it's something I would want to take the time to do myself and collect all the necessary tools and supplies to do right.

I like this strategy the best over a traditional bra.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts