Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone

I would appreciate everyones feedback - Good or Bad! :party:

I have personally organized a car show to benefit a local not-for-profit hospital ( which I happen to work at) each year since 2004. The 2006 show will be our third show. We started as a Corvette show in 2004 and had over 80 corvettes, by popular demand after our 2004 show we opened the 2005 show to muscle cars. It was a huge sucess raising in excess of $ 6,000 to help construct a new Emergency Room.

Our 2006 show will help support the construction of a new Oncology Unit. Currently our patients have to drive long distances to obtain cancer care, we hope to change that soon.

Now for my idea....

I would like to make the Solstice the focus of the 2006 show. I think it will be fun to have a place to show off our new cars, and have a place to meet everyone, ( at least in the Northeast) especially at an established event.
Without the edition of the Solstice we expect in excess of 100 cars. We have a DJ for the entire show, raffle & door prizes, food tent, the registration fee will be $ 15.00 prior to the show and $ 20.00 on show day.

Though details are not final it will be on a Saturday in June, We will have as much paved parking as we need but generally use 1 1/2 spaces per car. It is people choice award format with several different catagories. My money is on a Solstice beating out all cars, including corvettes for best in show.

The show is held on the hospital campus located in Carmel, New York which is about 70 miles north of NYC, 10 miles from Danbury CT. For those that are interested the hospital's website is www.putnamhospital.org

We may even be able to organize a drive on Sunday through upstate NY, I have some real nice driving routes.

If everyone would be kind enough to give me feedback and recommendations
I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Ben

:party: :party: :party: :party:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Press Release for last year's show

Here is the link for the press release out PR dept did for last years show..

Only difference is that we are not holding the show the day of the country fair because the show has grown and takes up to much parking that the fair needs....

http://www.putnamhospital.org/press/press_release.cfm?PressID=488

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think this is a wonderful thing!!

It sounds like you already have the experience, the cause, the location, and all you need are Northeast Solstices!! With all the Solstice owners we have around here, I definitely see at least 100 or more cars showing up for this next June.

If I was up north, I would definitely attend.

Good Luck!! I'm sure it will be a success!!

- bspate -

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks, I agree.... Hey, what a good reason to drive your Sol's from Texas :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sounds great. Makes the perfect location for a northeast meet and for a good cause :thumbs:

I have a blackout week in June with the 2006 U.S. Open I'm volunteering at so hope it's not that weekend.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Sounds like a great follow-up to our planned April 30 meet at Watkins Glenn, NY, which is also benefitting a good cause! Looks like a great idea to me!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone who wants additional information as it becomes available drop me an email at [email protected]. I will email it to you as soon as possible.

Get the word out for me, I think it will be great!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Will you also post the info back here when it firms up?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Show Details

Yes, I will post details as we firm everything up. Thanks for all of the emails, there alot of great, kind hearted people who are willing to support a great cause. The shows website will be up & running soon. I will post the address as soon as it is live.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks again...

Ben

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump

·
Registered
14 Posts
keep me posted
I live in RI not to far
depending on weather and dates could be an excuse to go for a nice ride with the top down

·
Registered
168 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Sounds like a great follow-up to our planned April 30 meet at Watkins Glenn, NY, which is also benefitting a good cause! Looks like a great idea to me!
Can you pack enough luggage to get from Buffalo to Watkins Glen and back? :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is always FEDEX - ship the luggage ti will get there before you do :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
3rd Annual Car Show-June 10th- Carmel, NY

Ok - Finally set the date - June 10th ( No Rain Date)- This is our 3rd annual car show to benefit Putnam Hospital Center. The proceeds from this year's show will go towards the construction of a new Oncology Center. Our first year (2004) was a Corvette only show and featured in excess of 75 Corvettes. By popular demand, Muscle cars were added to our 2005 show and we enjoyed 70+ cars on a day that was cloudy. Our 2006 show will be open to all cars, anyone who takes pride in their rides will be welcome. We will have a Corvette vs Solstice People's Choice contest. We will also have many other catagories, winners will be decided by Peoples Choice.

As soon as our show flyer is completed I will create a PDF file and post a link.
The show is held at the hospital on a paved lot with space for over 500 cars. There will be a DJ, prizes, 50/50 raffle, and food.

FOR SOLSTICE OWNERS ONLY...If there is interest we can arrange a drive the next day. There are several nice places we can visit that will allow us to take roads that will provide an opportunity to experience the beautiful country side that exists around us. There are also plenty of hotels within 20minutes of the hospital, why not make a weekend of it! I can also arrange the use of a conference room if anyone wants to sit and discuss the posibility of starting a club.

I will create another post with details. Please help spread the word. It's a great day for a great cause and 100% of the proceeds will go to the hospital.

You are welcome to contact me at [email protected] or at 845-279-5711, ext 4903 for additional information.

I only hope I get my Solstice before the show. ( Ordered on 10/8/05)

Thanks

Ben DiSanto

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks Ben, sounds good :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Checking my schedule, hoping to make it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am also interested in attending. Keep me posted.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts