Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
September 24th and 25th, 2016

Departing Redland Home Depot
1151 West Lugonia
Redlands, CA

We will depart at 8am

This is a two day trip with most of the driving on the first day, close to 190 miles, through the Inland Empire mountains of SoCal. We will pass through Arrow Head, Big Bear, Oak Glen, the Korean Monk monastery, Idyllwild, Mountain Center and down the back way into Rancho Mirage. This is a descent of about 6 thousand feet in less than 15 miles. Lets just say some real twisty goings on.

Dinner reservations have not been made at this time. Myrna will handle them, quite sure you will be happy with her selection.

The second day is up for breakfast and back up to Idyllwild and down to Hemet for a fantast brunch before we head home. A little over 270 miles of driving in the SoCal mountain ranges north and south of the 10 Freeway.

Hotel arrangements have been made at:

Hilton Garden Inn
71-700 Highway 111
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270

760 776 9700

Rate is 89.33 for a single King or a two queen beds

Book under Summer Special if calling

If booking on line, after entering the date of stay (September 24 - 25) there will be a tab that says "Group Code"
enter Code # SS16

Questions regarding route, please contact me at 909 841 9532 or email [email protected].

Hotel/Dinner questions contact Myrna at 858 231 0239 or email [email protected]

We will have several major sponsors that donate a lot of nice things for this event. Solo Performance, Dave and Ivy from DDM Werks and Ashli at Windrestrictor.

This is a free event with tee shirts for participants. Due to the failure on my part, last years attendees will get their tee shirts and this years shirts.

We normally have between 25 and 30 cars. Would really like to have some from the board show up for this. We can promise you a great drive and an exciting time.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update!

We have commitments from DDM, Windrestrictor and Solo Performance for some fantastic products.

So bring out those Solstice SoCalers!!!

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Solo will be giving away a free High Flow Cat or that value against a cat back Solo exhaust system, 450.00 value.

DDM will be sending product out next Tuesday and Windrestrictor will be sending out their prizes on Tues or Wednesday.

Shirts have been signed off on. I had to buy 24 for 2015 and 24 for 2016. Individual design for each year. With Solo and DDM tee shirts and the event shirt, you should be good to go for the winter and summer next year.

There is a local car show on Friday night for those that come into town early. Alta Vista Credit Union 3rd annual car show at 1425 West Lugonia from 6-9pm. If any of you decide to attend this, let me know and I will bring my car down. Would be great to see 8-10 Kappas there.

Please remember we have to depart the parking lot at 8am on Saturday morning. We have 190 miles to drive with many interesting stops.

We are hoping to have 24 cars. Last chance to run the mountains in the good months as a group.

This is a quick paced run, on some very fun roads. You will enjoy it we promise!

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those that might be driving in to attend.

There is a car show at the Alta Vista Credit Union (1425 W. Lugonia, Redlands) Friday night the 23rd from 6-9pm. It is just west of the Home depot. PM Me is you plan to attend it, I will come down for it.

Certificates, and prizes are in hand.

Tee shirts for last years event and this years are to be picked up this afternoon. If you attended last years event you get a Tee Shirt for it.

We have 17 cars signed up, as of last night, but expect another 7-8 to just show up. All are welcome. This is a free event with over 2000.00 dollars in prizes and tee shirts.

Would love to see some of these garage princess Solstices, we hear about out here, but never ever see!!! Yes that is a challenge, show your pride. The Sky's normally out number the Solstice two to one.

We will be doing last years route, so from Redlands to Rancho Mirage, you are looking at just under 200 miles on Saturday, 70 on Sunday. Sunday is not required, some go home after the drive on Saturday, but you miss the awards that way.

Temps are to be around 90 degrees in the valleys but a little cooler in the mountains. Most of the drive should be top down weather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts