Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks to me that the same basic housing for the 3rd brake light is on the Solstice and the Sky. The Sky just looks like it may have a clear lense on it. Now on my Sky I would rather have a red lens since my car will be red... if these are interchangable would anyone like to swap 3rd brake lights out?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'd rather have the clear on my Sly (don't hold your breath). I've noticed a lot of new cars with the clear 3rd light lens (Scion TC etc.) The bulbs can't be the same, I wouldn't think?? Does it take red bulbs to make clear lensed brake light glow red?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Yes it does, but you could switch bulbs too. I'm pretty sure you guys will be able to swap right out!

·
Registered
46 Posts
They have LEDs in them. They glow bright red when lit and look clear otherwise. They work with either red or clear lenses.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
IBUILDM said:
They have LEDs in them. They glow bright red when lit and look clear otherwise. They work with either red or clear lenses.
:agree: yep ... it is the new style, which more cars are switching to. I doubt that the Sol will use it, because they are trying to keep the "classic" look.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MSG_McKee said:
:agree: yep ... it is the new style, which more cars are switching to. I doubt that the Sol will use it, because they are trying to keep the "classic" look.
LOL whats "Classic" about the third brake light? they have only been on cars since 1986....
I think the ones on the Solstice are the LED type also... can someone with a Solstice confirm this?

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Classic66vair said:
LOL whats "Classic" about the third brake light? they have only been on cars since 1986....
I think the ones on the Solstice are the LED type also... can someone with a Solstice confirm this?
.... along with the "classical" can of Fix a Flat! :glol:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
.... along with the "classical" can of Fix a Flat! :glol:
And the classic air conditioning...
and the classic mono-tube shocks...
and the classic ABS...
and the classic disks...
and the classic LSD...
and the classic XM radio...
and the classic cup holders...
and the classic power assisted steering...

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Fortimir said:
And the classic air conditioning...
and the classic mono-tube shocks...
and the classic ABS...
and the classic disks...
and the classic LSD...
and the classic XM radio...
and the classic cup holders...
and the classic power assisted steering...
Classic... isn't that a "fuzzy" word for old? ;) :confused: I was born after the invention of AC ... so I say it is classic. ;) :lol: The Sols might be classics before most take delivery! ;) :glol: I might earn some "troll" points from Rodeo for that one. ;)

PS: Half of those items are "options", so if you buy the infamous <20K model, then your Sol would be alot closer to the "classic" than any other.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
:lol: The Sols might be classics before most take delivery! ;) :glol: I might earn some "troll" points from Rodeo for that one. ;)
Man, that is just plain wrong :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Okay... thinking of getting a 3rd brake light decal. I'm trying to find out if the 3rd brake light was canabalized from another vehicle. Envoy/Hummer/Anybody? Anyway... trying to find if it was canabalized so I can set this up. Here is a pic:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You know what else would look cool! Just thought of this... How about for the third brake decal that would illuminate in the shape of the solstice profile picture thingamerbobber. You know, this thing:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
mabrylm said:
Okay... thinking of getting a 3rd brake light decal. I'm trying to find out if the 3rd brake light was canabalized from another vehicle. Envoy/Hummer/Anybody? Anyway... trying to find if it was canabalized so I can set this up. Here is a pic:

NO too much...cheapens the look to me.....clear lense ok...not a decal....ugh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.