Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the rollout may slip 4 to 6 weeks. GM has been getting a lot of interest in automatic transmissions and they may retool the line slightly to be able to produce auto transmissions earlier than they originally planned.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The automatic transmission isn't supposed to be available till the begining of 2006. I don't think a time frame of 4-6 weeks is enough to put an item that might still be in testing into full production. The problem is all the orders are already picked up and as we've seen some people are getting VINs which means their crs have been made and will ship the first week of August. Just 3 days ago Bob Lutz officially said himself cars are shipping the first week of August too.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
ShaniaFan said:
I heard the rollout may slip 4 to 6 weeks. GM has been getting a lot of interest in automatic transmissions and they may retool the line slightly to be able to produce auto transmissions earlier than they originally planned.
They have 9,500 orders for manual transmissions. Enough to take them through the end of the year and perhaps beyond. Don't think in light of that and the perceived delays already, that what you heard is possible.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Small Dealer said:
They have 9,500 orders for manual transmissions. Enough to take them through the end of the year and perhaps beyond. Don't think in light of that and the perceived delays already, that what you heard is possible.
:agree: think they have half a year of work on the 5 speed to keep them busy.

No delays due to auto trans, they come in 6 months. :smash:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Who Needs A 5 Speed?

Wow.....they're really going to come out with an automatic? What a great idea for a little roadster! Who needs that annoying shifter anyway? No need for those expensive and smelly clutch replacements! No need to wear out your left leg and right hand! Now, if Pontiac could also add to the option list a way of having the car drive by itself, with no need to steer or brake, sign me up! Later!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
CalBear said:
Wow.....they're really going to come out with an automatic? What a great idea for a little roadster! Who needs that annoying shifter anyway? No need for those expensive and smelly clutch replacements! No need to wear out your left leg and right hand! Now, if Pontiac could also add to the option list a way of having the car drive by itself, with no need to steer or brake, sign me up! Later!
You really can't help yourself can you. :yawn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
CalBear said:
Wow.....they're really going to come out with an automatic? What a great idea for a little roadster! Who needs that annoying shifter anyway? No need for those expensive and smelly clutch replacements! No need to wear out your left leg and right hand! Now, if Pontiac could also add to the option list a way of having the car drive by itself, with no need to steer or brake, sign me up! Later!


Are you really that big of an idiot?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
We already had a 6 week slip, remember when production was supposed to start May 31?

Let's not stir up the mud until or unless GMLD tells us he's going on an extended leave!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top