Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I a couple of weeks I will have had my Solstice 4 years. I usually get bored with cars in that amount of time but still love this car. It has been trouble free except for squeaky bushings when its cold. I have figured out how to get a lot of stuff packed in it including military uniforms and regular clothes for two weeks. I have had a trailer hitch installed so I can haul bicycles to where ever I want to go. I drove from Omaha Nebraska to South Bend Indiana in one shot and was able to unfold and get out of the car for fuel and at trips end.
I wish it had 30 or so more hp but otherwise am happy with everything else.
Well I do wish it was self cleaning, damn bugs. I still get a lot of looks and thumbs up from all kinds of people and the cars have been around for 6 years. I guess that attests to its good overall design and looks.
I will be keeping it for a while.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Although I'm certainly a newbie with the Solstice, I understand what you mean about usually getting tired of a car. I'm usually good for 2 or 3 years....about the time when I've done all the mods I want to do. :leaving:

I just don't see that happening with this car. Just the visual styling is impressive to say the least. It's the 1st car that I hesitate to modify simply because I love the way it looks right off the lot. Don't get me wrong....I shall modify.:lol::smash: I just can't imagine getting tired of looking at and driving it.:woo:

Doesn't hurt (or help) to have found this group to give me lots and lots of ideas...Thanks folks:thumbs:...my wife hates you all:cuss:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I bought my wife her Kappa first. She can not complain as much now.
That's a good plan Rob......I may have to invest in another kappa just for mine.:rolleyes: But then again....that could easily become one of those "how come I don't get that mod on my car???" kinda things :willy::willy:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Volume discounts, Chetter.
:yesnod:Very true!!! 2 for 1 discounts maybe? Buy one get the other 1/2 off? And I could test everything on hers and then make it perfect on mine :cool: (Yeah right...like that's gonna happen:leaving:)

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
lol! I finished the basement in our last house. I started in the corner room that would be my den. Told the wife I'd "practice" there so I didn't make mistakes in the main room. She said she was worried that once the den was done I wouldn't finish the rest. Boy was she ever wrong.

Took me two years, but I did eventually get it done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts