Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of 3:24pm (Eastern) 07.19.2004 the stats are as follows...
Threads: 375, Posts: 3,984, Members: 420

We just hit 400 members, now we're almost at 4000 posts!!!
This post of course will be # 3,985 :D

Just 15 more to go...

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yes we do seem to be running those 2 totals in synch, I remember when we hit 200, 300 members the post count was around 2000, 3000.

This number is impressive too.
Most users ever online was 174, 05-04-2004 at 01:54 PM.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
174 users at the same time? That is an awful lot to be on all at once! Is that a correct figure, or was the server playing games? Did something special happen in regards to the Solstice on May 4th to attract that many people to the forum?

·
Registered
284 Posts
The 174 users is not correct. I haven't figured out how to reset it yet.

I was trying to set the software so that it showed the visitors during the last half hour. Unfortunately I set it to show for a longer period of time. I realized that right away and set it to half an hour but it was too late. The most users online at any time value shot up.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
That did sound a bit high! Oh well, we'll survive. Maybe we'll reach the point where we get that many visitors or more at once and it won't be a false number anymore! It'll be a little while, but after these cars hit the streets its possible!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm sure we will get there at some point. A big board has it's advantages but there is a lot to be said for a smaller one also.

On Corvetteforum we can have over 2000 people online at one time! It makes for a lot of fun in the Off Topic area and tons of knowledge for the tech areas. We can also put together some great real word get togethers.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I cannot wait for that first gathering! We could make the first meet an "Hopeful Solstice Owners and Enthusiasts meet" since its going to be a while before we actually get a Solstice of our own! :jester

Corvetteforums must have some mighty bandwidth usage with 2000 people online at a time! :eek I agree, a small forum has a lot of advantages. There is more of a sense of community. There were only 1000 members on the Fiero forum when I joined over there, and maybe a couple hundred active (at most). Now its just about to hit 10,000 members, and the closeness you had with everyone is gone since there are way too many people to keep track of. But there is a LOT more information too, making it a better resource.

We may never hit 2000 members online at once. Afterall, we are 50 years worth of cars before the Corvette guys. But we will have a good following when its all said and done.

Now when was that meet and greet again? :seeya

·
Registered
16 Posts
Compliment

Well, let me tell y'all something. I'm also a member of the solsticeforums.com and that site isn't near as good as this one! I went there looking for some cool therads to talk on and they had some...but the last post was like 2 weeks ago! And pretty much on all of them! So congrats and well done on keeping the site active members!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
solsticedreamer said:
Well, let me tell y'all something. I'm also a member of the solsticeforums.com and that site isn't near as good as this one! I went there looking for some cool therads to talk on and they had some...but the last post was like 2 weeks ago! And pretty much on all of them! So congrats and well done on keeping the site active members!
There isn't as many people registered over there, and obviously they have hardly any active members. I don't know if they are all over here now, or if they are just lurking in the background because the car is not for sale yet. Whatever it is, this forum is definately more active and more fun right now. So here I am! :smile

·
Registered
50 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
The 174 users is not correct. I haven't figured out how to reset it yet.

I was trying to set the software so that it showed the visitors during the last half hour. Unfortunately I set it to show for a longer period of time. I realized that right away and set it to half an hour but it was too late. The most users online at any time value shot up.
We'll, we out to just beat that number, have one set day when we all just log in.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts