Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
That's great, the more the merrier, but how come we don't ever get more than 10% responding to the polls? :confused It costs nothing, you don't have to post and it's totaly annonomous. Oh well, I guess that means that 90% of the members don't have an opinion on the Solstice yet.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
And just so it's not forgotten in the winds of time "piippor" is member # 400.
Howdy piippor!!!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AeroDave said:
That's great, the more the merrier, but how come we don't ever get more than 10% responding to the polls? :confused It costs nothing, you don't have to post and it's totaly annonomous. Oh well, I guess that means that 90% of the members don't have an opinion on the Solstice yet.
There isn't a large percentage of members that consistantly post either. Most likely, not all of those 400 members are active, at least on a daily or semi-regular basis.

400 is a great start! :cheers

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I'd settle for a pre-intro test drive like Dodge did before the PT Cruiser came out. They called them clinics and you got to drive in a big parking lot around a cone course months before the first PT's were in show rooms. Got an invite by sending in a card found in a magazine. Us dreamers need occasional stimulus to keep the dream alive. :seeya

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
piippor said:
Woo hoo, the big 4-0-0 .

I'd like to thank ..... ummmm

google search engine for finding your site, lol.
The only site I had found on google was another Solstice forum which does not have as many members as this forum. Its also not nearly as active. I stumbled across this forum from a link on Corvetteforums! :D

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah I found this site using google myself. Got depressed after realizing I wouldn't be able to afford an Elise so I went searching for cheaper roadsters. The Miata just has never been my type of car, and the MR2 is just to far under-powered. I remembered reading an article on Pop-Sci about this roadster car with an amasingly fast development time, so I went and found that article and started looking for it. And here I am :D

I also found another solstice forum by typing the name of this site incorrectly...
Solstice ForumS

but they only have a measly 200 users compared to our 400 :D We also post far more frequently too.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
I also found another solstice forum by typing the name of this site incorrectly...
Solstice ForumS
Thats the other site I found too. With such a similar name, its a little confusing. They don't post hardly at all. I put a message on there over two weeks ago and am yet to see a response. I doubt I will. When someone does get around to posting, they respond to a message that is a week or more old. No one is consistantly on there.

Just a comparison between the two:

Forum.......threads...posts...members
This one...359.......3759....413
That one...158.......1059....207

This forum on the other hand is great, even with just a few over 400 people already. A message will have a number of responses the same day its posted. Its going to get crazy around here next year as we get close to the cars introduction. New members will start signing up like crazy, and there is bound to be a million posts on all the rumors and anticipation!

It'll be fun! :party

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I think you reversed the forum members #'s between the two.

We should just all go post there and tell them to come here :D

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
I think you reversed the forum members #'s between the two.

I did, but its fixed now!

I don't know that telling them to come here would really help. It doesn't seem like many of those 200 are active on the board anyway. If it stays quiet over there, they will find there way here. Maybe many of them already have!

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Actually, the "plural site" as I call it (solsticeforums) was up before this one, and the only active one until I heard from an acquaintence that the guy doing cf and ssrfanatic was starting up a solsticeforum one. I assumed that the preferred url name was "solsticeforum" (without the 's'), but that someone (Troy?) had already gotten it but had not put the site up at the time.

Once this site came up, the posting frequency on the other plummeted dramatically - there were a few nasty posts about this site being a "copycat", but without the notoriety of corvetteforum and the offshoot ssrfanatic site, I think the guy and a few core members at the plural site are just a little sore.

·
Registered
284 Posts
brentil said:
I appreciate the thought but I'd prefer not to use that method of letting Solstice enthusiasts know about us.

I'm sure they will find us. :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
solsticeman said:
there were a few nasty posts about this site being a "copycat"
The owner of that site posted over here about how we were a copycat site. I found it a bit funny since he was using an out of the box vbulletin. I guess he was the first to setup a car forum on vbulletin. :lol I for one have been using this naming format and basic layout since I registered Corvetteforum in 1998.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
The owner of that site posted over here about how we were a copycat site. I found it a bit funny since he was using an out of the box vbulletin. I guess he was the first to setup a car forum on vbulletin. :lol I for one have been using this naming format and basic layout since I registered Corvetteforum in 1998.
Its unfortunate that they want to take an attitude to this site. Maybe it was that attitude that turned people away from them and brought them over here. I find this site to be very friendly and fun to participate in! I have absolutely no complaints so far! I don't have much of an opinion on their site simply because nobody ever posts over there. Not much traffic.

I am sure there will be enough Solstice enthusiasts to go around. As the sites grow, some people will begin to prefer one's format to the other, or the members on one over the other.

The sites do compete in a way for members and posts, and nobody likes competition against themselves. However, competition also has a way of making things better in the long run.

Keep up the good work Troy! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree, this site has very friendly people with lots of posts and news. We keep growing so we must be doing something right :smile

I actually stumbled across a 3rd site just now starting up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts