Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Pontiac salesman tell me a few days ago that the West Coast was only getting 400 Sols for the year/model year, according to his GM Rep.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Any West Coast Dealers out there with more info?
Thanks.

·
Banned
8,656 Posts
I would doubt that, but what do I know?

I'm sure Pontiac wants thousands of them in California, and I'm sure there are thousands and thousands of Californians who want them.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Seems Realistic!

Looks like only 7,000 Solstice's will be built through the end of December 2005 (about 3300 cars produced through Oct 15th). 400 cars to California seems correct. :yesnod:

·
5,600 Posts
I would be very surprised if the combined western states recieved only 2.5% of the 1st year allocation (400 out of 16,000), when California alone has 12% of the entire population of the United States AND year-round roadster weather. I'm not buying it.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SunSports said:
I had a Pontiac salesman tell me a few days ago that the West Coast was only getting 400 Sols for the year/model year, according to his GM Rep.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? Any West Coast Dealers out there with more info?
Thanks.
If what you herd was from the GM rep, take it like a grain of salt.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I might believe it - could be a just punishment for years of buying foreign ;)

I don't know what Pontiac sales are for the west coast, but remember - allocations are based on several factors - previous sales figure in pretty heavily.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ntouched said:
400 cars to California seems correct. :yawn:
He did not say 400 Sols to CA. He said 400 to the "West Coast."

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Just One Sol needs to make the trip west.......Mine........

I'm most concerned about one Solstice coming to the west coast. "MINE!" That would be Troy's Solstice! Go USC Trojans! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts