Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My project has been slowly coming together and I finally got the bulk of everything into the car on Saturday.

-6.0 silverado iron block bored and stroked to 408. 11.1 forged this that and the other thing

-t56 transmission. lightly built and assembled by yours truly. It was my first so we shall see how many gears I can actually get it into haha.

I used performance autowerks mount kit to the thing in there.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I like looking forward to the results. I was thinking of doing an iron block too

·
Registered
228 Posts
What is the plan for the ECU on this?
Can the stock GXP ECU be configured to run the LQ4?
Or can an 58X LS ECU be integrated into the car BCM etc.?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm using an E67 ecu set up by Carputing.

The E67 came in the 2007 NA sky and is a common computer used in lots of v8 platforms out there. I know NA skys of later years used a differnet computer but from what I gathered those can also be used. Just make sure to match the harness to the ECU as you can run into issues like not having enough ECU plugs haha

The GXP (and SKY redline) ECU wont work for this situation.

The only computers that anyone supports integrating into the sky BCM (that I am aware of) are the ones that require a 58X crank signal as they are found in later model GMs.

When I ordered the stoker kit I made sure to get a 58X reluctor stuck on the crank that they sent me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is that still the carb setup or did you get your wiring completed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just curious ... what motor mounts did you use ? It sure looks like a nice installation .
What front spring improvements do you expect .

Nice work
Bert

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
4sdair

I got frustrated with the wiring, or rather the troubleshooting of a no crank issue, so I went with an atomic efi set up. Sometimes patients just runs thin after a while.

Bert,

I used performance autowerks mounts.
I haven't touched the suspension yet. I don't have a good way of seeing how it really sits as all the body panels are off the front of the car at the moment. If I do decide it needs adjustment I will pick up so BC coilovers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's been quite some time now but finally got back into the project and got it to the dyno.
This is the second iteration of the build, after I blew up my first trans and gave up on the MSD I was using originally.
Currently running Holley Dominator ECU.
I am not sure what is going on with the HP numbers. I would have expected it to climb another 40-60 points over the torque numbers, but that didn't happen. MAP load was slowly trailing off, so possibly exhaust or intake restriction. I'm over it for now, so this is how it shall be for the time being.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts