Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Event code 4800 means what again? Anyone?

I already checked the Event Code List on the FAQ link:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3789

But I didn't see 4800...

My car went 4800 on 10/29.

Did my dealer mean 4B00? I have seen that event code...what exactly does it mean?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
newfan said:
Event code 4800 means what again? Anyone?

I already checked the Event Code List on the FAQ link:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3789

But I didn't see 4800...

My car went 4800 on 10/29.

Did my dealer mean 4B00? I have seen that event code...what exactly does it mean?
It means Bayed,4B00. It could be bayed for repairs or it could be bayed in transport . (waiting to get on to the next train.)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bayed = Black Hole

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
79 Posts
4B00 means bayed. been there for 5 weeks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ARKTEK said:
4B00 means bayed. been there for 5 weeks
so then, 4800 means...?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't think there is a 4800. It may have been a mis-read by your dealer.

·
5,641 Posts
newfan said:
so then, 4800 means...?
It means that your dealership gave you the wrong code.

Ask them what happened in the days after it was Bayed 4B00 on 10/29.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Here is the for sure story on 4b00 and 4800. I use the small b to make it more clear.

Yes, 4b00 is bayed. It basicly means it is parked waiting to go somewhere. It is produced and then bayed waiting to get loaded on the train/truck. Then it gets "shipped" and bayed again, meeting they've parked it close to the train. Then it gets bayed again and loaded onto the train and bayed again, meaning it's parked on the train moving on down the line. There are LOTS of bayed.

But here's the big one everyone is missing: there is a 4800.

4800 is it has arrived at Lordstown and has been unloaded and looking for another train going in the right direction. So that is GOOD NEWS!

The actual description is: Rail Ramp Unload.

·
Registered
178 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Here is the for sure story on 4b00 and 4800. I use the small b to make it more clear.

Yes, 4b00 is bayed. It basicly means it is parked waiting to go somewhere. It is produced and then bayed waiting to get loaded on the train/truck. Then it gets "shipped" and bayed again, meeting they've parked it close to the train. Then it gets bayed again and loaded onto the train and bayed again, meaning it's parked on the train moving on down the line. There are LOTS of bayed.

But here's the big one everyone is missing: there is a 4800.

4800 is it has arrived at Lordstown and has been unloaded and looking for another train going in the right direction. So that is GOOD NEWS!

The actual description is: Rail Ramp Unload.

Good post. I don't think many knew of this code. :yesnod:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info Gizmo. If that's correct, then it is indeed good news. My dealer did say he was told something about rail car shortage, so that would be in line with your explanation of 4800 -- that it's just waiting for a rail car.

Hopefully the wait isn't too long!

·
5,641 Posts
In the whole discussion the part that is being overlooked is that the order in VOMS has not made it to event code #4800. On October 29th, it went to event code #4B00.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Small Dealer said:
In the whole discussion the part that is being overlooked is that the order in VOMS has not made it to event code #4800. On October 29th, it went to event code #4B00.
Actually, my dealer told me it went to 4800. My original question was whether he had misread the event code report. But if there is indeed a 4800, then I'm assuming he read correctly.

Did you check my order status yourself SD? Is that why you are sure it is 4B00?

·
5,641 Posts
newfan said:
Actually, my dealer told me it went to 4800. My original question was whether he had misread the event code report. But if there is indeed a 4800, then I'm assuming he read correctly.

Did you check my order status yourself SD? Is that why you are sure it is 4B00?

Yes.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Very nice of you to check that out, Small Dealer. It's too bad GM doesn't use the small letter b, it would save so much heartache.

But anyway, for informational purposes, mine went 4200 Shipped on 09/26, leaving Wilmington. It went 4b00 Bayed on 09/30, arriving in Lordstown. It went 4800 Rail Ramp Unload on 09/30, and 4300 Intermediate Delivery on 09/30, also. Then it went 4200 Shipped again on 10/03, which is when it left Lordstown.

Three days later it entered Texas, and 10 days after leaving Lordstown it was in Houston!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ARKTEK said:
Bayed = Black Hole
Thanks to input from SD, I followed up with my dealer and asked for a print out of my event code history.

Luckily for me, my Sol was only bayed for one day. Went 4200 on 10/30...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts