Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
#497 pics

Dealer called today. My Sly (#497) is being loaded on the truck from the train and will be here in Memphis tomorrow or Thursday. It's been a long wait.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congrats. Hope its in good shape. (Knock on wood, rub rabbit's foot, cross fingers)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It got to the dealer this afternoon and IT IS UNBELIEVABLE!! It is Sly with everything on it except XM. Has black interior (leather). I can tell everyone that the fit and finish is PERFECT. I am a perfectionist and have had an AudiTT, S2000, 350Z Roadster, NSX, Lotus Elise, etc and this car is everything those more expensive cars were and more. All of the panels fit perfect. The hood and trunk are perfect. The interior is unbelievable for this price range. I got the all weather floor mats and they look great. They are putting on the splash guards first thing tomorrow and I will get it tomorrow afternoon. The Sly color is just as gorgeous as the concept. Pictures cannot do it justice by any means. My brother-in-law has #247 black and he lives here in Memphis and no word on his yet. Go figure. Will try to get some pics. It is worth the wait so hang in there.!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats!! :party:

I to have a SLY with just about everything you have. I am really interested in how the mud flaps look. Please be sure to get a good pic of that. Thx.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations. :party:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
#497 is in the house

All I can say is PERFECT!! Picked it up today as the first one in Memphis. Pontiac deserves alot of credit. I have washed it and found NO marks, defects, poor fit or any problems. The drivers window leaked one or two drops during the wash but nothing else. The splash guards blend in so well you don't even notice them. The all weather floor mats fit great and save on wear and tear. The ebony interior is great looking. Pictures cannot in any way do it justice but will try to get some up ASAP.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats!

Glad to hear all is well with it. Hoping for mine soon...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Great pictures!!

Enjoy it!!

- bspate -

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Thanks for the pics with the mud flaps! EXACTLY what I needed to see before I purchased them for mine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Enjoy the ride and hopefully great weather for a while. Nice to see the pics, especially with the flaps on-hardly noticable.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First day and more pics

Well I had my first day in Sly #497 and those that have their car know what I mean when I say rhe response is unbelievable. People talk about how it is the most beautiful car they have seen and guess the price to be from $60,000 to $150,000!!! Unfortunately I was operating most of the day but the BMW, Porsche, Mercedes crowd were taken aback and very jealous to say the least. I came out to drive home after it had been parked in the hospital covered lot and my drivers side window was covered SOLID in hand prints (it was clean when I left). I just can't tell you all that have not gotten your cars how much it is worth it to be patient. Some pics from the dealership with a better camera than previous pics.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
first full day with #497

Today is second day of ownership and first day of alot of driving. No problems at all to report after 50 miles of driving. Response, handling, exhaust note are all great. Taking a tight corner fast gives you a great feel for what a good job the engineers did in designing the chasis. Top is easy to operate and again a great job of design. The only problem is I use mine as an every day driver and thus need quick access cubby holes for glasses, garage door controller etc. and there simply are none. Small price to pay for so much fun however.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts