4th Quarter Delivery of EOP cars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the latest recorded confirmation call; delivery has been delayed until 4th Quarter 2005. Will you wait that long? Will be buying another car instead?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Interesting poll!

Although I didn't get an EOP car, I find it frustrating anyway since this only means that regular allocation vehicles will be delayed too.

Not only may some EOP buyers give up, but it opens the door to the possibility that the Solstice could lose potential buyers to the new Miata, or even the Sky next spring.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hot new roadster - in the Winter?

I feel the same way about waiting till the Winter. If I thought the delivery truely was going to be 4th quarter (not just a safety blurb in the fine print), I would never have participated in the program to begin with. :brentil:

Hey Todd, if you still want an EOP car send me a private message. I might wait for the Saturn Sky introduction instead.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I am giving it till early Aug. Then, I may give it up and wait for GT model, if available for spring 07- a big if.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm giving it till mid September, then it's anybody's guess. Launching a convertable in the fall... sheer madness.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly!

Zolsol said:
I am giving it till early Aug. Then, I may give it up and wait for GT model, if available for spring 07- a big if.
If I have to wait then give me a car with some real guts! A GT version with 200+ HP would be worth waiting another 6+ months for.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I plan on waiting it out, but every fall snowflake I see will tempt me more and more to wait for additional power.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I'll be able to hold out...

Ok.. let me say this..then I'm ducking....

Right now I'm driving a "seasoned" '91 Merc Capri... I ordered its twin (down to the color) new, complete with hard top back in 90 and bought the current one after a woman in a *&@#$$&#@ BMW ran a stop sign right in front of me when the car was about 10 yrs old.... At the time the blue book was down to $4,500 and the repair estimate was the same as I paid for the car new.. 4 times that... SOOO I bought the twin as well as the wreck (for parts) for $150. I've already transplanted the ECU and the turbocharger as well as several other components.

But.. the advantage is that I'll have a rag top to drive until the new generation takes charge.

Incidently... the Capri supposedly had a back seat. (more like an oversized shelf) BUT.. it let me put a lot of recline in and gave me lots of room (6'2"). I've tried every car imaginable from Boxster to TT to Miata to T-Bird (ugh) and none fit me... From the specs I've got a shot with the Solstice.... now.. if they will JUST call!!!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I think most people lucky enough to get an EOP will probably stick it out, regardless of how unhappy they will be about the delay. However, I would be very interested to to see the same poll for those who are NOT getting an EOP car (let's assume those on the waitlist aren't getting one). I'm guessing it will make a much bigger difference for them.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Call me Mr. Optimist....still holding out for July/August delivery but will hold out for a fall Solstice if that's the way the cards fall.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I cant wait past July or Early August, my husbands car has no air and I am driving it right now... I think if I wait that long I might be able to swing it, but I am praying it comes during the summer so I am not baking... I don't know I put I can't wait, however, I know my self well enough that I want the car I would just be very :brentil: if I had to wait past August :) Not to mention that by coming out that late all of the other 06's will be out already and that was half the fun of this car getting an 06 in the middle of 05.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Spent way too much money and bought a S2K today.

I will work it this summer/fall/winter/spring and wait on the Solstice that I put a deposit on in Feburary 2004.

This should have been a simple transaction. But wasn't.

Moving to lurker status.

Take care-Steve

:willy:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
2091351 said:

I will work it this summer/fall/winter/spring and wait on the Solstice that I put a deposit on in Feburary 2004.

Moving to lurker status.

Take care-Steve

You'll like the car. Just don't do too much really heavy lane changes - car gets a bit squirrely - even the '04. What year did you end up with?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Good Luck Steve, hope to see you back when you are able to get your Solstice.
Maybe GTOJ has some left on his allocation and can drop ship to your dealer in Arkansas, just a thought.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
This is a real shame. People have waited for two years for this car and GM has disappointed even those loyal followers into considering to jumping ship. It's crazy. It's no wonder GM is having financial problems when they can't even coordinate a delivery date to coincide with a televised announcement. If they were having this many problems they should have held everything back, the commercials, the EOP and the dealer hype. All they did was disappoint their most loyal followers of the Solstice and turn many of them back over to Mazda. I'm not ready to change my name back to Miata Man but I did think about it for awhile. :cuss:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
2091351 said:

Moving to lurker status.

Take care-Steve

AAHHHH, you caved! :eek:

:jester:

Seriously, you'll enjoy the S2K! Its a very nice roadster! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'll wait until they deliver the Solstice. Would be nice to have it by July, but anytime is ok with me. It's not like there won't be another Spring/Summer next year! :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am in AZ, so I am lucky to drive it all year round! I already own this car in my mind so I will wait as loooooong as it takes to make it a reality.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Whenever and Whatever it Takes

Agree. It's mine, whenever it get's here. Here in Minnesota snow starts flying in October. As long as there's a dry road somewhere, I'll bundle up, put the top town, and take this car for a spin. Once the roads are snow-covered, I'll shovel my driveway, take the cover off my new car and admire it in the driveway. And as soon as we have a sunny warm day (mid-20s or so) I'll take it for another spin.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts