Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Solstice Color/Trim Compatibility

Please be advised that the following exterior colors, Aggressive (red) 74U and Envious (green) 38U, are not currently compatible to order with the optional Steel/Sand leather interior (312).

A change is expected to be made to the VOM Spec Tables and OnLine Order Guide by June 23, 2005, to allow for this combination to be ordered. If this changes, you will be advised.

Orders on your Order Bank that are not in-system by June 23rd may be changed to allow for this combination; otherwise, orders for these exterior colors will need to have Ebony cloth (standard) or Ebony leather interior (192 ordered.

Additional Info 6-10-05

Solstice Color/Trim Compatibility Update ...

Please be advised that the following exterior colors, Aggressive (red) 74U and Envious (green) 38U, are not currently compatible to order with the optional Steel/Sand leather interior (312). A change is presently expected to be made to the VOM Spec Tables and OnLine Order Guide as of August 4, 2005 (not June 23rd as previously communicated), to allow for this combination to be ordered.

Orders on your Order Bank that are not in-system by August 4th may be changed to allow for this combination; otherwise, orders for these exterior colors will need to have Ebony cloth (standard) or Ebony leather interior (192) ordered.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Great news for the red & green Sol lovers :cheers:

Are the early order people out of luck since it doesn't take effect until 6/23?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm one of those people who wanted the green with the steel/sand interior, until I looked closer at the steel. It has a blueish hue in it, which would clash with the green or the red. So I changed my exterior color to the blue as I wanted the two-toned leather interior, and I am glad I did, as the blue is real dark (as seen in some of the pictures recently posted) and it will help to accent the two-toned interior.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mceb said:
Are the early order people out of luck since it doesn't take effect until 6/23?
Yes, any order "picked up" as it is being called here on site would be out of luck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Any definition of "Order Bank" and how my dealer can check on this is appreciated...and does 'in system' mean that 1st 1000 are probably 'in' and can't be changed?...still 'envious' of envious!
oh... and just a note to let you know how much your info & updates are helpful :)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If they really picking up EOP and begining orders then a lot of people might be SOL. I guess the best way to get around this would be to have dealers not input any orders till June 23rd then. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Frankly, they need another interior color other than Black for these colors. Especially, a 2 tone that works.

Allanon

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lepiane said:
Any definition of "Order Bank" and how my dealer can check on this is appreciated...and does 'in system' mean that 1st 1000 are probably 'in' and can't be changed?
"Order Bank' refers to the pool of valid buildible orders (sold or stock/inventory) that a dealer has placed that have not been "preferenced"/"picked up"/"event code 2500"/"placed against allocation" by Pontiac. Think of it as a pile of outgoing mail that hasn't been picked up by the mail man. It is still in your (the dealer's) control and you can change a letter in the pile. Once it is in the hands of the mail man (Pontiac/GM), you can't change the letter.

Dealers can see their order bank in Vehicle Order Management (VOMS) on any PC that is networked to the GM Server in the dealership. In this application, the can see all their orders, orders by model, or even inquire per specific order number.

Based on today's posts, it appears that the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices are now moved into the system and beyond change.

And also based on posts, but unexplainable by me, some other orders have also moved into the system. They don't appear to be First 1000 orders, so they may be "free maintenace" orders or "zero zip" orders. There hasen't been a dealer order cycle which would "first allocation" orders forward. So that is what is confusing.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for the clarification on this Small Dealer! This should help alleviate a lot of the confusion we have had here! :thumbs:

·
Registered
105 Posts
zero zip

I'm a zero zip buyer. wednesday I was told by my local dealer nothing definite yet but the factory rep had said "probably" Sept. delivery.

From all I have read here, it sounds like some zero zips are in the system.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Rogobuck said:
I'm one of those people who wanted the green with the steel/sand interior, until I looked closer at the steel. It has a blueish hue in it, which would clash with the green or the red. So I changed my exterior color to the blue as I wanted the two-toned leather interior, and I am glad I did, as the blue is real dark (as seen in some of the pictures recently posted) and it will help to accent the two-toned interior.
That's exactly why I changed my exterior selection from green to blue. Great minds think alike! :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts