Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car now has 502 miles and the report is WOW! We took her on a 275 mile trip today and had a blast. For those in Ohio we took her to the Hocking hills area to test out the curves and hills. The whole trip included all kinds of driving from interstate to the back roads and this car was excellent on all roads.

This car's structure is very tight and the seats backs keep you snug on the tight curves. I did notice a couple curves that were very sharp and the windshield pillar blocked my view. The fun factor was off the scale, you can take most any curve with confidence. The ride quality is top notch for a roadster. My wife and I could not get over how well this car rode and the rough places on the roads were not a problem.

There are no apparent problems with the car so far other than the passenger seat back release lever doesn't work very easily. Then there is that paint issue I mentioned in my original thread about the car's delivery. It is covered with very bad overspray. At first I didn't think it was as bad as it is because the weather has been overcast but as soon as the sun started to shine the over spray is noticable from the inside of the car looking out over the hood and I had to do additional work to the windshield to remove it from there. This car needs to be wet sanded with 2000 grit and buffed. I think they could have used more care at the plant to protect from such a needless quality issue.

We also had the usual attention that goes with owening this car. If I let everyone that I know that wants to drive this car have a test drive i may not get it back until it is well worn. Trying to hold them off until I get to enjoy it myself although some of the closer family and friends have gotten a ride. Still thinking my wife might have to get her own.

There realy isn't any negative to report other than I think the steering wheel controls are too small and I would like to have a telescoping steering column. I included a couple pictures but havent taken any real nice ones yet.

Almost forgot, was setting in traffic twice when a Miata went by the other direction and I swear they both looked while trying to make it look as though the weren't. Must be a jealousy thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Zoom Zoom........

ateam_77 said:
Almost forgot, was setting in traffic twice when a Miata went by the other direction and I swear they both looked while trying to make it look as though the weren't. Must be a jealousey thing.
Zoom Zoom guys are dreaming they would have purchased a Solstice! :yesnod: Jealousy was the correct choice of words! :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
What's up with the problems.......

ateam_77 said:
There are no apparent problems with the car so far other than the passenger seat back release lever doesn't work very easily. Then there is that paint issue I mentioned in my original thread about the car's delivery. It is covered with very bad overspray. At first I didn't think it was as bad as it is because the weather has been overcast but as soon as the sun started to shine the over spray is noticable from the inside of the car looking out over the hood and I had to do additional work to the windshield to remove it from there. This car needs to be wet sanded with 2000 grit and buffed. I think they could have used more care at the plant to protect from such a needless quality issue.
Looks like a few problems........ :lol:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Nice photos ... #3 has the Sol double parked in a handicap space! ;) :lol: The excuse could be that the Sol is so big ... it needs to park in the "van accessible" space. ;) :jester:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
MSG_McKee said:
Nice photos ... #3 has the Sol double parked in a handicap space! ;) :lol: The excuse could be that the Sol is so big ... it needs to park in the "van accessible" space. ;) :jester:
Actually it is in the first legal spot next to the handicap.

The splash gaurds are the ones availabe through Pontiac. Check around my dealer wanted $134 for them. I bought mine from a Chevy dealer for $102, still too high for plastic. Installed them myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.