Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
500 off of a Solstice?

Such a stupid question, maybe a dealer would be able to help.

This car show i go to gives out coupons for GM. I wonder if I'll be able to use the discounts if I have already put my deposit down.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
silversolstice said:
Such a stupid question, maybe a dealer would be able to help.

This car show i go to gives out coupons for GM. I wonder if I'll be able to use the discounts if I have already put my deposit down.
Nope, those cover 2005 model year cars, and usually have a experiation date too.

·
5,641 Posts
General answer to a vague question.

Auto show coupons, or Auto Show In Motion coupons are a fairly common GM incentive. Acts as a call to action for the consumer in the market where the show has been. Taking advantage of the increased awareness the shows bring.

Auto Show coupons are usually fairly constrained geographically to the immediate area the the show was in. Sometimes they may even be restricted to certain participating dealers. They are also usually only good for a small window of time during and fter the show, three weeks or less is not uncomon. The last round of them (2004-2005 show season) were also constrained by the model they were available on. I am not going to go look it up, but last time they were used near us, I think they were only good on Vibe, G6 and Grand Prix as far as Pontiac goes. Other markets may have prioritized other models. Many times you do not even need the coupon. The dealers will know the program is in place and tell eligible buyers.

GM's Auto Show In Motion also can send out buyer coupons after someone has attended the show. Don't know the requirements, if everyone or just those who meet certain requirements. Usually they last for a little longer time frame and have less model restrictions. The eligible 2004-2005-2006 models will be listed on the coupon.

If the car you are thinking of buying is eligible, available during the time frame and delivery is reported, it should not matter if it was a car previoulsy ordered or "money was put down on".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.