Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up #577, it's everything I thought it would be and more. Now for the really good news for someone, I was one of three F1K at my dealer. When I picked mine up I was amazed that there were a silver (#683) and a black (#306) sol's on the showroom floor. My salesman told me both people backed out of the sales. He said they were for sale at MSRP. Dealer is in Mid Michigan. PM me for city and phone number if someone wants the dealer info. :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Well here it is, the moment we have all been waiting for..... What sounds like a legitimate dealer who had customers back out.... Did I hear MSRP? Praise the lord, dealers are getting the drift.....

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
mack said:
Just picked up #577, it's everything I thought it would be and more. Now for the really good news for someone, I was one of three F1K at my dealer. When I picked mine up I was amazed that there were a silver (#683) and a black (#306) sol's on the showroom floor. My salesman told me both people backed out of the sales. He said they were for sale at MSRP. Dealer is in Mid Michigan. PM me for city and phone number if someone wants the dealer info. :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:
Boy oh boy if I was closer I'd be over there tonight -- go for it you guys!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
flaj said:
Boy oh boy if I was closer I'd be over there tonight -- go for it you guys!!! :thumbs:

1 hr and 15 min flight from ct, Can't be that much more from NH, Northwestlines. I'd go but mine is made and should be here in a couple of weeks. Good deal for someone!!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats on the ride arriving! Hopefully they'll sell the other two soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would be nice..

mack said:
I'm carless at the moment...I lost my car in New Orleans...would be cool if I could pick up one of these!! I've got insurance money on the way...

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
cayenne said:
I'm carless at the moment...I lost my car in New Orleans...would be cool if I could pick up one of these!! I've got insurance money on the way...
You should call the dealer ! Maybe something can be worked out!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both sold in 45min.

Sorry to say, both are sold. Dealer called me and said PLEASE Post as the phone was ringing off the hook...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Dealership Solstice Woes!...........

mack said:
Sorry to say, both are sold. Dealer called me and said PLEASE Post as the phone was ringing off the hook...
Bet this dealership wish they had about 100 Solstices right now. All would be sold within a day! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
mack said:
Thank you my trust in man kind is reafirmed.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Yeah you could have bought the other two and turned them for a quick couple of G's

Please read the above with sarcasm, as I think it is commendable that this guy just posted this to try and help his fellow man, and not try to screw his neighbor.

Rare Indeed!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
MI Sol said:
I think it is commendable that this guy just posted this to try and help his fellow man, and not try to screw his neighbor.

Rare Indeed!
:agree:

Sounds like this forum needs to take on another supporting dealer, maybe for a reduced charge? I'll donate a few bucks to the cause.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
mack said:
Maybe a mod can update the thread title to show that they're sold? Don't want people to get their hopes up. Might be good to edit the original post also so people see they're gone right away.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SlySol said:
Maybe a mod can update the thread title to show that they're sold? Don't want people to get their hopes up. Might be good to edit the original post also so people see they're gone right away.
Changed the name and added a little humor too. :D

·
Registered
397 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Well here it is, the moment we have all been waiting for..... What sounds like a legitimate dealer who had customers back out.... Did I hear MSRP? Praise the lord, dealers are getting the drift.....
Of course us conspiracy theorists would say that he HAD plans to sell them over MSRP but with all the heat surrounding this issue he changed his mind and sold at list. But then again that's just me - I don't trust anybody (kidding) Must be the cop in me.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Congrats, somebody got a great deal! :thumbs: Nice to hear good news on dealers, for a change.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
cayenne said:
Since the car was... a day old, I hope you got 100% of the value back out of it.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
SD SOL said:
Of course us conspiracy theorists would say that he HAD plans to sell them over MSRP but with all the heat surrounding this issue he changed his mind and sold at list. But then again that's just me - I don't trust anybody (kidding) Must be the cop in me.
Does your locality allow you (or reimburse you) for using your personal car on duty? A few years back one of the area state troopers here used his Camaro on radar duty. No one suspected until the lights came on.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I got my 1st K in the same city from the dealer on east side, this dealer is on the west side and is a much newer dealer. I got mine on Monday the 19th and the friday before I saw an ad in the local paper that this dealer had the Solstice in stock so I immediately called them and the salesman said they had one black one for sale on the floor that the "buyer backed out on".

He said his boss was taking it home for the weekend after they show it to the public that day and that it is for sale at MSRP. I went there and saw it, it was no longer in the showroom and was in the garage and was already sold and they had a 2nd one, Sly, out back which was sold. He never said anything about a 3rd one, and Iwas just wondering if they actually had it "for sale" or if they were just showing it off before the owner came for it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts