Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Solstice headquarters told me today that my #693 was released to ship on 9/7. What can I expect from here? They are saying @ the 25th. Does this sound reasonable? Where does it go from the Plant? Thanks for any input. Sure am getting excited!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
193 Posts
tugmate said:
Solstice headquarters told me today that my #693 was released to ship on 9/7. What can I expect from here? They are saying @ the 25th. Does this sound reasonable? Where does it go from the Plant? Thanks for any input. Sure am getting excited!! :yesnod:
That depends, where is the stork going to have to drop off your new baby?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
tugmate said:
Where do you live ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
tugmate said:
:party:

·
Registered
936 Posts
tugmate said:
Mine was listed as in transit 8/29 but in reality has not left the plant yet and others have had the same kind of experiences. I did read where some ones showed still on quality hold but was delivered. So not to sound negative but you never realy know until it showes up.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Congrats! Shipping can take a bit of time....

A while back, Small Dealer posted some interesting retrospective research on transit times. It was for a different vehicle and from a plant in Baltimore, but it's interesting. The point is that it can take a fair number of days--as many as 24 to 30 days.

Here's an excerpt of the posting. The original is located at link to: Transit Time Research
Small Dealer said:
Boston, MA (3).............21 Days
2-Baltimore, MD (5).........4 Days (Plant is in Baltimore)
2-Richmond, VA (0)
2-Norfolk, VA (3)...........10 Days
2-Philadelphia, PA (5).......6 Days
Columbus, OH (2)...........5 Days
Detroit, MI (5)..............16 Days
Miami, FL (1)................24 Days
2-Orlando, FL (2)..........39 Days (Last Sept/Oct, Hurricane effect?)
2-Jacksonvile, FL (1).....30 Days
Atlanta, GA (4).............18 Days
Kansas City, MO (1).......24 Days
Midland, TX (0)
Phoenix, AZ (3).............15 Days
Salt Lake City, UT (0)
Los Angeles, CA (0)
Oakland, CA (2).............17 Days
San Diego (4)................17 Days
Seattle, WA (3).............20 Days
Again, congratulations.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
tugmate said:

:party: :party: :party:

·
Registered
101 Posts
tugmate said:
South Florida
ME TOO! Up in Pembroke Pines!

I am 864, no idea when released to ship as I just heard from EOP Friday that "she" had been built. No idea how long it takes to get here... I look froward to seeing you on the road!

·
Registered
50 Posts
VIN493 update

Built 8/19
Tried to get dealer to update status last week
No Response :(
Finally called HQ
They couldn't believe dealer didn't have an update
Vehicle in transit!!!!!!!!!
Not sure of ship date
They said it would either go through Lordstown, OH or Fairfax, KS
Then it would be trucked to Wichita
I'm guessing they mean the Fairfax Plant in Kansas City
Which makes the most sense, then less than 200 miles to truck
Hopefully it will be here this week or next

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bcbriggs said:
ME TOO! Up in Pembroke Pines!

I am 864, no idea when released to ship as I just heard from EOP Friday that "she" had been built. No idea how long it takes to get here... I look froward to seeing you on the road!
BC did you get it from the Pembroke Pine Dealership? I did and if mine gets here I will give you a spin. Sure am looking forward to this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts