Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took these this morning at the plant. This mule was parked in the front lot.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These were in the side yard.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Out back in the storage lot.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know most of you have seen some of these pictures, but thought it would be nice to post them together. I asked a guy on a cart in the back lot when they were releasing them and he said 2 weeks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still don't like the looks of the top where it snaps on at the back. It appears kind of sloppy in its fit. On the Pontiac website the top appears to be nice and tight and has a good seal. Hope when they get to the showrooms the fit is first-rate and the top is smooth.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Lakota said:
Still don't like the looks of the top where it snaps on at the back. It appears kind of sloppy in its fit. On the Pontiac website the top appears to be nice and tight and has a good seal. Hope when they get to the showrooms the fit is first-rate and the top is smooth.

He said that those were still pictures of a test mule. I agree with you in that I do not like it, but I am hoping that on the production version they will be able to eliminate it or at least mostly. I understand that it is hard, but I would think that it is possible, but maybe not.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Lakota said:
You can't see the cars real close that are in the lines, but from this distance the top looks good to me.

zero/zipper

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Anything with a bra is a test car. Looks like a bunch of them still on the lot.

·
Registered
62 Posts
From a distance it looks like the cars in the storage area have much smoother lines as far as the top goes.
Shipping in 2 weeks... I like the sound of that.
Come'on Aug. 1st !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
5,641 Posts
I know these reports are all exciting, but has anyone compared today's pictures (7-14-05) with those taken by "The Mayor" on July 9th before "production" started? The Mayor 7-9-05

·
Registered
59 Posts
Gee...Looks like the same cars, parked in the same place :brentil:

GM, kindly move the cars around a little so we can feel the progress :thumbs:

Thanks and forever yours...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I thought those cars had been sitting there for a bit...

...they HAVE to be production. Why would GM make a whole parking lot of test mules in every color at this point in the production just to end up destroying all of them?

·
5,641 Posts
I have never really belived that GM will be "crushing" all/most/many/any of the 425+ Solstices they have built since March. Yes some will be lost to testing and assemble/disassemble audits, but most will live on.

·
Registered
292 Posts
mceb said:
Anything with a bra is a test car. Looks like a bunch of them still on the lot.
Oh, that explains it. Training bras. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fortimir said:
I thought those cars had been sitting there for a bit...

...they HAVE to be production. Why would GM make a whole parking lot of test mules in every color at this point in the production just to end up destroying all of them?
Remember all the fit issues....they probably have been working hard to correct all of the last minute issues, make a change run some tests, check it out...that kind of thing. All of that produces more test cars.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts