Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The online version of the July 25th edition of Automotive News' Production table is out. It no longer shows the Wilmington plant as being down.

And.......(drum roll please)............it shows 71 Solstices built last week (week of July 18th) and 93 total for the month. (So glad Gmlinedog and the Wilmington gang aren't paid per unit :lol: ).


This dosen't say who they are for or where they are headed, just that 71 where built.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
Small Dealer said:
The online version of the July 25th edition of Automaitve News' Production table is out. It no longer shows the Wilmington plant as being down.

And.......(drum roll please)............it shows 71 Solstices built last week (week of July 18th) and 93 total for the month. (So glad Gmlinedog and the Wilmington gang aren't paid per unit :lol: ).


This dosen't say who they are for or where they are headed, just that 71 where built.
Regardless of the destination, THAT is sweet news! :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
it shows 71 Solstices built last week
At that rate it will take 6 years before all of us that have ordered get one :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
That's 93 closer to my car :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
Great news. And we know some have been loadedpreumably for shipping so its reasonable that over the next week or two we should start getting reports of deliveries! :willy: Sounds like they have a ways to go to "ramp up" to anything near the anticipated rate of daily production.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
I must have taken a pic of every Sol made yet then...because if you can count them in the pics..that is about the total! Sweeeeeeetttt.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Nice, thanks SD. Every journey starts with the first step!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
SD, can you do a product locate like Conejo did a while back. At that time he came up with 3 or 4 cars with dealer destinations, as if the info was all in the system. I thought he could sweep 500 miles or more. Whatever the search method would be if cars are headed to dealers then the info has to be somewhere and a network of friendly search dogs across the country would let us figure out whose cars are built and on the truck.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
achieftain said:
SD, can you do a product locate like Conejo did a while back. At that time he came up with 3 or 4 cars with dealer destinations, as if the info was all in the system. I thought he could sweep 500 miles or more. Whatever the search method would be if cars are headed to dealers then the info has to be somewhere and a network of friendly search dogs across the country would let us figure out whose cars are built and on the truck.

Can only do a locate for unsold cars, billed to dealers and headed to USA dealerships.


Keep in mind my less read post from Sunday night (half as many reads as this one). Don't let me excite you all without also allowing me to pour cold water on you.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3540
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Can only do a locate for unsold cars, billed to dealers and headed to USA dealerships.


Keep in mind my less read post from Sunday night (half as many reads as this one). Don't let me excite you all without also allowing me to pour cold water on you.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3540
Thanks for the cold water, it is getting hot in here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
I was holding my breath while reading for fear the report would show no production. I feel better now but hope the line speeds up soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
At the rate their producing curently, maybe instead of special vin numbers, they can just assign a "born on date" like a certain brand of beer. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Need More Data!

If ramp up is linear, that is increase by 71 cars per week, it will take 8 weeks to get to 500 cars per week. And the first 1000 should be built by the week of August 15.

This fits projections that Solsticeman and I did last week. :willy:
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
It's just a little more proof that people are close to finally seeing some cars on the roads. Thanks SD for the update! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Now we can finally breathe! Been holding my breath too long now. :lol: Any news of production is nice. Just can't wait for the dealer to say it's here!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
People had better start getting calls that their Sol is on the way. Preferably the notice would come to let us know when our cars will be built. But at the very least, they should let us know once they are completed. Some of us really do need to make arrangements and would really appreciate the warning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Small Dealer said:
The online version of the July 25th edition of Automaitve News' Production table is out. It no longer shows the Wilmington plant as being down.

And.......(drum roll please)............it shows 71 Solstices built last week (week of July 18th) and 93 total for the month. (So glad Gmlinedog and the Wilmington gang aren't paid per unit :lol: ).


This dosen't say who they are for or where they are headed, just that 71 where built.

71 last week and 22 this week? ummm...weekly production is going the wrong direction, isn't it? gmlinedog, can you explain? thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
71 last week and 22 this week? ummm...weekly production is going the wrong direction, isn't it? gmlinedog, can you explain? thanks!
I would guess that the 22 were for the prior week, since this week just started today.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top