Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have lurked around for months and this is my first post. I am No. 7 of 8 of my Calgary, Alberta dealer's first allocation list and ordered on April 26, 2005 (McKay Pontiac).

Being a regular forum reader I haven't bugged my dealer about the "when" question. He was honest when I ordered, and said that it would likely be no earlier than November, but since the snow is starting to fly around here I thought I would call to see if there is any risk of receiving my car this year, more to know whether I will have to arrange storage or not. He said:

• They have received 2 cars
  • They have about 80 on order
  • Don't expect my car in until about March '07
  • THAT MY CAR WOULD BE A 2007 MODEL YEAR (I expressed surprise and indicated that I thought the model year change-over happens in the summer)

This guy has been in the business a long time, and my family has bought a number of vehicles from him over the last 20 years, so he should know GM's model year cycles like the back of his hand. But this is crazy talk, isn't it?

I indicated that I if it does by some miracle come in during the winter that I would be happy deferring taking delivery until spring if they would keep it in their showroom, roped off, with me having the keys. He said they would jump at the opportunity to actually have one to show.

·
Registered
729 Posts
This has to be crazy talk!!

The more I read around here, the more I see Solstices that are available that are pre-ordered by the dealer and available to purchase right now or within a month or two at MSRP.

I still can't figure out why there are people on the forums that are having real bad luck with their dealers and sticking with them no matter what because it was the car they ordered and not a pre-ordered car. The Solstice looks good in any color, leather or cloth is really not a big difference, and radios can be after-marketed.

So, with all the Sols available out there, some folks just need to find another dealer, and give up the heartache situations!! I know it sucks to drive another hour or so to find another dealer, but it might be worth it to get a nice dealer, and get a Solstice now. You can always get it serviced at your local Pontiac dealer.

- bspate -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts